Mr. I’ll Make a (Disney) Man Out of You - Live-ish Trip Report

And Genie+ is on sale today. :laughing:

10 Likes

Just long enough to walk through that very long queue.

4 Likes

DD has that one :smiley: Santa brought it one year

I’m sorry you have been sleeping on Homecomin’
I’m glad that has been rectified

Most excellent

:crown:

Yikes. I hope this doesn’t undo the progress you made

Oh phew

3 Likes

ToT was posted 35 minutes as was MMRR. He wanted to do ToT and off we went. 55 minutes in standby later. :roll_eyes: I think they were only running two elevators. Defiantly would not have waited 55 minutes. I love that ride, but 55 minutes is why I bought G+. I would have made a LL. We’ve done all standby today so far.

Contrary to what this pic conveys- I am not a bad ass Toy Story Midway Mania guru. :laughing:

We decided to see Muppets then find a bench for a few.

After a day of decadent meals yesterday, we skipped breakfast. We’re actually hungry again. Lunching here. I would have scheduled this one anyway, as we both grew up going to the drive in. The Fantasmic package is an added bonus.

23 Likes

P.S., I think he’s going to like Sci Fi a lot. :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

Get the onion rings and a shake!

4 Likes

Well done!

2 Likes

I absolutely disagree. Don’t care what your score was. :rofl:

7 Likes

I love this photo of you on TSMM!! For real, you look like The Queen of Toy Story Land.

8 Likes

He got the onion rings and wow. I’m not a fan of them because I’ve only had soggy ones that slide out of the breading when you bite them. :nauseated_face:
I tasted a couple of his and yum! Breading was crispy and sweet. Not greasy at all. And they were hot. I had the wings and they were pretty good, but a saucy mess. We both had burgers that were just ok.

We had the best time here. He asked what the restaurant was all about and I described dining in the car at the drive in. He chuckled like a teenage boy and said “Is there a back seat?”
Another chuckle as we were led to the table.
“Hey, we’re in the backseat.” :roll_eyes::laughing:
At one point he raised his arm to stretch then reached over sneakily to put his arm around me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
We got a kick out of counting how many times they showed a woman shrieking and cowering in fear. The number was … seven. Our favorite was the “Horror Monster Musical. #somuchfun

38 Likes

I love it! And finally a picture of your DH!

8 Likes

You guys look great! Glad the day is going spendidly!

3 Likes

Sounds like a wonderful lunch!

3 Likes

Lovely couple!

5 Likes

I’m so happy for you (two)!! :heart: :heart_eyes: :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

I was going to say that, too!

2 Likes

Change of scenery. Courtesy of Disney+ discount. We were originally booked at Boardwalk Villas, but I will always choose the option of walking to my favorite park over all others. He was a bit disappointed about not being on the Boardwalk, but as of yesterday, he officially converted to a Riviera Stan. He said GF is “Nice, but that other place was better.”

21 Likes

After a 45 minute nap we were back at HS. I beeped at security again and they had to search the backpack. The guard took one item out and looked down and saw the kids. She said “Those are adorable. I just bought Judy and Nick from Zootopia. Short conversation ensued about outfits and adorable -ness. She never looked at anything else in the backpack. :laughing:

Fantasmic was great! I thought he would be bored with it - not being a fan of Disney movies, but he loved it. He especially loved the boat with all the characters. After the show, we bet double or nothing on TSMM. I lost miserably.

Off we went to Batuu. He thought night time was “kind of spooky, but pretty neat.”
As far as the kids are concerned, they’re just looking for a reason to ham it up.

25 Likes

27 Likes

I loved all of HS at night, but especially Batuu. It takes on a new life and gets even more immersive.

4 Likes