@Mousematt’s Striking The Hot Iron encore — now featuring final thoughts

Unblurring that was exactly what I needed today. Thank you.

8 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

Always a good idea to put aside drinks when unblurring around here. :smile:

7 Likes

I totally understand about the impact of the news lately. I hope you have a wonderful trip. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If he doesn’t come to disneyland to see me??

We have a SERIOUS PROBLEM HERE.

5 Likes

Also y’all.

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building is such a brat. He didn’t even tell me and now I’m scrambling to get to Orlando and not miss him by 5 days like last month.

We really need to talk about budgeting over Irish coffees and Mr Kipling’s Cherry Bakewells.

Of which I intend to purchase a box today when I go to tea at the British pub in the valley after another spin on the ice.

SO THERE.

I’m dragging you to the pool. All this working out has to be for something.

And now everyone is confused.

:joy::joy:

13 Likes

I’m not [confused]. But I’m upset that you aren’t working hard to meet up with me when I go in July. I think you like Matt more than me. I’m going to go cry now.

3 Likes

We have a full summer visiting colleges on the east coast with my youngest. Going to start in Florida, be there until July 3, then start working our way north stopping to see some family along the way.

If I can get the kid his passport in time we are going to pop over to London the end of July before flying home to La. (possible take the train to Paris? I don’t know. I’m more interested in castles and London and Harrogate than Disneyland Paris) Friends of mine are working at Pinewood for the next couple years on a contract so it would be a trip to go visit!

It just depends on timing. We will go home from Orlando….unless we fly to London from there and then I’ll just go back to La from London. Depends on pricing. Might fly out of JFK and then back and drive the car back to Orlando before going home. All dependent on the passport office, which I can’t start until May 19. (When the kid turns 16)

Going to be an interesting summer!

4 Likes

Always excuses with you. :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

2 Likes

I mean, if you want to tell my kid he has to cancel his summer military academy visits and his planned sea cadet stuff…for disney……

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I don’t think that is asking too much!

I was hoping you’d pop in and help convince him!

2 Likes

See the problem with him coming to LA is….I am going to drag him to the Magic Castle, which requires him to be in at LEAST a suit and tie.

And so.

THAT is going to be the issue.

LOL.

Wait are you in La? Disneyland has been CRAZY. We went Monday and ooof. I’m good for a month or two. :joy:

3 Likes

I grew up in Orange County/Riverside, but I moved to Vegas in '04.

I’ll be in Anaheim end of April (Matt’s and my shared birthday) for work and decided to book a tour on the 23rd to celebrate! And to deal with the crowds…ick.

But it’s the first time I’ll be in the parks for my birthday since before I left California. I’m actually way more excited than I have any right to be, even with it being Spring Break week.

PS, Magic Castle is worth the suit and tie @sanstitre_has_left_the_building. It’s another blink and you’ll miss it opportunity. Eat the cake, watch the show, flirt with strangers. I’m only half kidding. I don’t think they have cake.

9 Likes

I love cherry bakewells. To be completely truthful, I love pretty much any kind of cake. But cherry bakewells would be my first Mr Kipling choice.

2 Likes

Ok true story… I thought @Bubblez was @JuliaMc for a while so this is very funny to me. :rofl:

4 Likes

I get pretty amazing vibes from her as well! :heart_eyes: :cocktail: :high_heel: :flight_departure: :shopping:

3 Likes

News update

Two more sleeps till I leave home. Have been filling my iPhone and iPad with vast amounts of entertainment and charging everything up ready for the journey. I used the trip as an excuse to upgrade to the iPhone 13.

You people still pointlessly require a negative COVID test, so that’s hanging over me. It’s on Saturday afternoon and my flight is Sunday morning. I’m sure I’ll be fine thanks to my hermit lifestyle, but I won’t feel fully relaxed until the test is done and clear.

I’ve made a plan for arrival day. My flight gets in at 5pm. I’m being picked up at the airport by a friend and we’re going to head to my (non-Disney) hotel before setting off for CSR. We’re going to do a tour of the resort, including dining / drinking at Three Bridges, Toledo, Barcelona bar and Dahlia lounge. I think CSR is a stunning resort and have wanted to go back ever since I stayed there in 2018. But I’ve never since made the time for it.

22 Likes

I want to hear more about CSR. I try to stay closer to the parks but CSR looks really tempting.

1 Like

I love CSR! Three Bridges and Dahlia Lounge are both amazing. Especially if you can sit on the terrace at Dahlia. Enjoy!

6 Likes