Mother and daughter, best Disney partners for life!

Last May I took my daughter Abby to Disneyland to celebrate her college graduation. It was both of our first times at DL and We fell in love with the west coast parks! Since then a lot has happened. She has moved out, started her career and gotten married. Her husband is in the national guard and deployed in February which means spring break with mom. Although she’s practically grown up at Disney World, Disneyland was her choice for spring break.

I made the long trek from the east coast on Monday.

Goodbye east coast

Hello west coast!

Last year we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel which was great for our first trip but yikes it is expensive this year. Instead we are staying at the Marriott Courtyard Theme Park Entrance. I’m very pleased with my choice. It’s a short walk and the rooms are very spacious and nice.

View outside. I love the snow capped mountains with palm trees.

I had originally planned Napa Rose for dinner but our flight out of Chicago was delayed by almost two hours so we canceled and settled for Earl of Sandwich and called it a night.

30 Likes

Thanks to the time difference, we were up bright and early. We grabbed Starbucks from the hotel and we’re on our way.

Since we weren’t there for early entry, we could take our time and started with photos.

33 Likes

Wow, you are really racking up the Disney days this year. Have a great time.

9 Likes

Ooh! I love that wallpaper :relieved:

And what a view!! :star_struck:

Great pics of you and Abby :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Have a blast!! :yellow_heart:

11 Likes

Yay a DLR TR!! I knew you were going soon and was hoping we would get to tag along :grin:

Have all the fun and enjoy your time with DD :heart:

12 Likes

I hope you and Abby have a great trip! My sister’s family is there for hockey nationals. They are staying at a hotel with a view of DL and not going. I can’t comprehend that!!

10 Likes

Yay! Have a good trip!

6 Likes

Following! Have a great trip!!

6 Likes

It helps when I take one kid at a time! Still don’t think I’ll match your Disney days.

10 Likes

I saw pictures of the wall paper when researching hotels. In the photos I actually thought it was tacky but it does look really nice in person. Definitely fits with a CA theme.

7 Likes

I think this just a genius idea–I need it in my life (so I can go more!) :rofl:

9 Likes

I can’t keep up live but it’ll at least document our DL. I do so get why you love it here.

9 Likes

Wow I can’t either. They are so close!

7 Likes

It started one year when we went on a conference trip to WDW. Abby couldn’t go because of her stupid competitive cheer squad so I told her I’d take her alone sometime to make up for missing the trip. Of course then the boys wanted their own trips and so it began :joy:. I’m very grateful for the time I get to spend with them individually.

16 Likes

I’ll bet so.

My three are very different, and I think it would be fun to personalize itineraries to each of them.

What’s the plan for today?

8 Likes

When we came last year, we did almost everything that was open. The plan this time is to hit the things that were closed last May and all of our favorites.

We began with the Storybook Land Canal boats. We learned from last year that this line is brutal in the sun and so slow. It seemed like a solid rope drop choice.

24 Likes

We are starting at California Adventure today. It’s raining so that may be interesting :frowning:

6 Likes

Maybe it will move on! Looks like a beautiful day dawning in the photos above. Deceptive.

6 Likes

Next up was Alice which I really like.

18 Likes

That was yesterday. I’m not able to keep up with a live report. It was gorgeous yesterday.

6 Likes