Most peaceful resort

I was just thinking about which resort I’ve stayed at that had a quiet peaceful vibe - this thought comes to me as a lay in my RV at Fort Wilderness in the 800 loop listening to the bus beeping noise when kneeling, the golf carts traveling back to their sites, the night time flotilla thing on the lake, and the dog barking inside a nearby rv.

My pick is Kidani Village at AKL

4 Likes

That was the quietest for me too.

3 Likes

OKW is pretty peaceful. AKL is a good choice as well, as is WL.

But I can’t imagine anything being more secluded and peaceful as a treehouse at SSR.

2 Likes

My vote would be SSR. I was just thinking about this the other day.

2 Likes

Wilderness Lodge

2 Likes

I was just at POR in the Bayou and you could hear a pin drop it was so peaceful!

4 Likes

Off topic but since you’re there I’d like some intel if you don’t mind asking. I assume P&Js is staying home during TE closure but I couldn’t get a firm answer from a CM - just we hadn’t heard it’s closing. I’m sure if you asked a CM at P&Js they could confirm. Thanks!

2 Likes

I believe I read this years ago in the Unofficial Guide, they did checks of noise levels in rooms. The quietest rooms were the ones with exterior doors since the doors were hurricane proof. One thing the value and moderates had over the deluxe rooms.

5 Likes

We stayed at OKW and AKL Kidani last month and I think OKW overall had a quieter feel to it. Likely because of the very large layout of the resort itself. Kidani’s check-in area and animal viewing areas were sometimes very crowded. However, sitting on your villa’s veranda, overlooking the savannah, would be the most peaceful experience!

3 Likes

POFQ has been the most peaceful and relaxed resort I’ve ever stayed in.

3 Likes

I will say I did POFQ and had a nice quiet location

1 Like

Old Key West.

It’s beautiful, laid back. Just serene. I just wish the weather had been better - warmer - so we could have enjoyed the pool area.

3 Likes

I’ll see - they have food trucks Tuesday and Wednesday when Trail’s End is closed those days, i wonder if they will expand that during the closure. I would speculate P&Js will remain in operation as it seems Trail’s End is refurbing to change the style of service.

1 Like

I assume PJs will stay open too but I want that peace of mind. I’d love it if they expanded the food tricks.

1 Like

I’m really good at food tricks myself

Mainly in making it disappear

3 Likes

I’ll vote for POR, out of the resorts I have visited. The whole vibe is peaceful.

2 Likes

Another vote for OKW- it’s why it’s our home resort…I beg for building 55

When I am done with the hustle and bustle of the parks it’s like a completely different location.

Funny as gorgeous as some of the other resort theming is - vibe is just is just not relaxing - ie poly is gorgeous aesthetically but for me at least it’s not as relaxing.

1 Like

I’ve done both the treehouse and Kidani. Kidani was more peaceful.

Watching the animals play and we had no road view was extraordinarily relaxing. We had a two bedroom suite and were way at the end of the hall and I never heard a neighbor and we spent a lot of time on that balcony.

Treehouse I could see my neighbors and the boats going by. Not that it wasn’t lovely but I’d prefer the animals and never seeing my neighbors

2 Likes

At OKW now and it’s pretty damn peaceful :heart:

6 Likes

OKW was very quiet and peaceful when I stayed there in 2021. I have an upcoming trip in April staying at a cabin at Fort Wilderness. Wondering if it’s going to be noisy.

3 Likes