Most peaceful resort

Peaceful seems to be dependent upon the perceiver.
I live halfway along a mile of unpaved county road, 7 miles from the nearest population center of 700 something folks. Other population centers are 15 and 18 miles away with populations of 1000 and 250 people.
Loud noises are our silly dogs barking any time. Frogs in spring. Birds in summer. Sometimes the weather.

I’ve realized that peaceful to me means fewer people. I see fewer people at SSR. Our OKW stay we were in bldg 63 and so saw a lot of people.
At SSR we’ve been twice in the Paddock building just across from the Carousel area and once in the Springs area. We saw few people at both areas.
I’m quite sure some OKW areas are less congested.

I love having the balcony on which to enjoy the peacefulness. :blush:

1 Like

talked to a cast member… they haven’t been given any info. one thing pointing towards some sort of food service being there is the hoop dee doo kitchen service will be intact as they are still having that, so it seems it would be simple to maintain some sort of mobile order service.

Of the resorts I have been to (not necessarily stayed in), I would say the ones that seemed most peaceful were POR, OKW, and SSR. WL is peaceful in some ways, but there are lots of people. At SSR, hardly saw anybody else other than the bus stop in the mornings. OKW…harder to judge since we’re there twice to eat at Olivia’s, but the feel of the place seemed almost like the retirement community my parents used to live at in Ocala. POR, at least in the Alligator Bayou section, felt super peaceful. POFQ didn’t feel peaceful to me at all. Lovely, but not peaceful.

2 Likes

Least peaceful: Grand Flo, Contemporary

6 Likes

Ok. Thanks for asking.

1 Like

I have to take this back. At 5:30 am some gawd awful bird decided to chirp out the window. For an hour. At first I thought it was my alarm, then an alarm next door. 4 chirps every 15 seconds. Then I realized it was a bird calling. I am pretty sure it had a megaphone. Ooof!

6 Likes

We have one like that here at home! I’ve no idea what it is except it’s got an annoyingly insistent call and it’s loud. :flushed:

1 Like

This is on brand…

6 Likes

Nope AllStarMusic! Hated that place. A part of me wants to check out the suites and a part of me is like didn’t you learn your lesson. I went in June and the pool was a madhouse and very very loud. I guess our room in Broadway or Jazz I can’t remember but near the piano pool itself wasnt terrible but the resort was very loud and bustling with people.

2 Likes

I’ll give honorable mention to Shades of Green even though that’s off-limits for most guests. The theming is very subtle and calm, and being surrounded by golf courses puts ambient noise at a minimum. Also, I’m pretty sure there’s an unspoken rule that one doesn’t make a scene at a military installation, so I’ve never experienced anything there that could be described as loud, other than an occasional crying child.

4 Likes

I’ll be staying there for the first time in November (expanded MWR access - Service connected disability 20%)

1 Like

My only possible criticism is that the theming isn’t as immersive as some other resorts and foodies might wish for other options, but I think you will have no regrets. It’s an incredible deal and a very nice resort overall.

2 Likes