More odd behaviors on mobile

nope: https://cdn.zappy.app/bdd870ea1aaf5d8c24609c07f95b5fbf.png

If you are referring to the autoscroll bug, that bug is unrelated to the ads since we’ve been experiencing it for quite a while. If my wife encounters anything, she will let me know.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Here’s a funny one that doesn’t affect usability. I have a short cut to the forum on my phone and I noticed the circle with the t in it keeps shrinking in relation to the square around it. It took me awhile to notice and then it took me awhile to capture it but here:

Before (already smaller than it should be):

And after:

I think the next time I will be left with a black box!

3 Likes

It’s like Mike Teevee on Willie Wonka! :rofl:

2 Likes

Am I coming in clear? :rofl::joy::rofl:

4 Likes

@david has there been a change with the ads again? My wife is reporting that they are more frequent and taking up almost 1/4 of the screen real estate which also covers the post count navigation. Covering up the post count navigation makes the autoscroll bug harder to deal with.

Related, has there been any progress on the autoscroll bug? It is highly annoying and seems to be getting worse (for me at least).

There have no changes that we’ve caused, but different ads may cycle through. The size of ad in your screenshot does not seem out-of-line (although obviously it’s better to have no ads), and it’s still the case that no ads should be displayed for subscribers.

Unfortunately, I have no expectation that anything will change with the autoscroll issue that people have mentioned. I’ve raised the issue a couple of times with the people who created our forum software, and I’m not confident that it’s viewed as a bug. It may be more common on slow network connections and may vary from topic to topic on the forum based on what’s in the posts.

I’m sorry I don’t have anything satisfying for you here!

1 Like

We don’t have an issue with there being ads (at least we understand the reasoning), so not upset there. This one takes up a lot of space which prevents some navigation.

We have fiber and a very modern wifi router, so bandwidth is not the issue. I’m pretty sure it can be reproduced on almost every thread. I get that your hands are tied on this, but it is frustrating to hear that the developer is not interested in the issue.

So, what are the odds of doing a family plan that was suggested a while back so that my wife can enjoy an ad free experience?

1 Like

It is most definitely a bug. I used the software for years and never saw it. Then, the issue started up and it just happens ALL the time. I miss posts left and right with no way to go back and find what I missed without literally having to manually scroll backwards until I see something I recognize. This can be hundreds of posts!

I also do NOT have slow Internet. Actually, I have extremely fast internet. 600+ Mb/s.

I get it isn’t your doing…but just wanted to make it clear this is an ongoing, worsening issue that didn’t used to exist, fast or slow Internet.

1 Like

Maybe no other forum is as riveting as this one! I find it triggers the most when I am reading through comments quickly, especially on trip reports.

2 Likes

I present to you a video ad playing on top of a video ad. I fully support monetizing the drive-by information seekers, but this is just a new level of annoyance.

2 Likes

Note that any subscription gets you the “no ad” experience on the forum. A 1-year Disneyland subscription costs $7.95, so an ad-free experience is not expensive to achieve.

3 Likes

I’m not accusing anyone here of having slow Internet or denying that the forum doesn’t functional how you want it to, and I’m sorry if it came out that way.

There seems to be something unique about our forum usage that’s causing this to be a bigger issue for us than it is for the many other users of the Discourse forum software.

Maybe we have more people who leave threads open scrolled to the last post? Or maybe we have a lot of really long topics?

1 Like

So starting today my reply box has this weird extra space above it which makes it hard to reply and use any special functions like blurring text. I also noticed that when I click on a picture I can no longer zoom and roam on the picture. It just zooms into that 1 spot and I have to drag it back to the original size and zoom in to another spot on the photo. I’ve tried refreshing my browser as well as logging in and out a few times. Not sure what is up.

2 Likes

Weird. I was about to respond finding out what you mean…but I am now seeing the extra white space as well!

1 Like

It’s weird. Also when I click on the different tabs between WDW and LaCava they are now highlighted in muted colors. Yellow for WDW and blue for LaCava.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy:

This is most definitely true.

3 Likes

We are running a new “beta” version of the forum software now. The support folks said that this might impact the scrolling issue positively, but I’m not optimistic.

Any other changes you see may be a result of this.

2 Likes

I have not been on the discourse forum in a long time but I know most groups that use the software seem to use it differently that this very social group?

The beta, on my iPhone, is not good: the jumping when so open a thread is 10x worse for me but others may disagree.