Morally questionable FPP question

What is this crazy talk??? You can take your sensible money managment and send it to where the sun don’t shine…SEATTLE, WASHINGTON! (I’ll let myself out.) :rofl:

The Human Dream: Debt up to your eye balls!

Joking aside, I cannot agree with this more. The fact that my upcoming vacation is already bought and paid for is such a complete stress relief. But I do admit Disney is a vacation where that is tough to do for many people.

2 Likes

Does 60 +14 days work that way? I thought it was tied to your onsite stay not your ticket stay and that you needed to be booked onsite for the duration to open up the window. In other words, I would have thought you would have needed to be booked onsite from June 1 to June 14 for this to work.

Yes, in order for this to work you should make a reservation for the length of 14 days (or any other period you wish) but you can always modify the length of your stay after your 60FPP reservations are made. You can modify (or outright cancel) room-only reservations without penalty until five days before your trip (six days if you booked online).

If morality is an issue you can always argue that people change plans for all kinds of reasons (death in the family, dance recitals, etc.), modifying your reservation while keeping your FPP should not raise any eyebrows. No one will know or care.

Yes, you are correct.

And in all the discussion of the “morality” of the two options, the fact that this bit was answered right at the start of the thread has been lost! :grinning:

2 Likes

OMG! I laughed out loud at that one. I hope he’s good in the sack if he’s a liar and doesn’t pay his share of the rent! :wink:

3 Likes

Ahh - now I see it. I think I was confused because the morality discussion seemed focused on morality of actually paying for a one night stay (and not staying) to get this benefit. . .but a one night stay won’t do it.

You’ve clearly made up your mind about this and came here for “validation”, but instead, you got pushback. Do whatever your conscience tells you to do.

3 Likes

I seem to be getting in trouble for this more and more in this forum!

Almost nothing I say is serious. No-one has offended me!

This issue at hand can be argued in a number of ways and I don’t think anyone can claim they’re right. I think, for example @ryan1 and I have different views, but I’m fine with that.

1 Like

I really didn’t. I was genuinely interested to know what other people thought. I’m an academic and almost everything interests me. Especially issues like this where there is no right answer. It’s interesting also, because the posters come from different countries and having different understandings of morality as a result.

1 Like

I think you hit the nail on the head with the thread title: “Morally Questionable”.

It’s all a matter of what your morals will allow you to do. At least now you’ve got more opinions on what that might be. Ultimately, it’s up to you what you’ll do.

1 Like

Yes this would work. At 60 days your FPP window opens for the duration of your stay (up to 14 days). So a June 1 reservation opens a full 14 days of FPP options IF (as you indicated) someone books a 14 night hotel stay.

From WDW FAQ:
“With a Resort Hotel Reservation Plus Tickets, Plan 60 Days in Advance
If you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel and also have theme park tickets, you’ll be able to start making your FastPass+ selections as early as 60 days prior to your check-in date for the entire length of your stay. Please note that if your stay is longer than 2 weeks, then FastPass+ selections can be made for up to 14 days.”

So, you get up to a 14 day window to book FPP. Which is limited by 2 factors: the length of your stay; and the number of days on your ticket. So, even if that person had a 7 day ticket. A hotel booking from June 1-14 would open that entire window 60 days ahead of June 1 and that person could make FPP for just June 7-14.

I don’t play the ethics with this either… do what you think is best.

Also, I have found exactly zero (0) people who can actually say that they personally lost any FPP which were booked 60 days out who lost them when they cancelled the reservation. I have seen several people say that they cancelled their reservations and did NOT lose their FPP (one person claimed that they had a hotel reservation, but, at somewhat the last minute, had the option to have free accommodations off site, and they cancelled the hotel a few days before arriving and did not lose the FPP). Again, while this could be remedied, my guess is its not a big problem for WDW or they just don’t care.

3 Likes

But he’s only talking about booking 1 night, so there is no ‘+ length of ticket’ benefit.

1 Like

Well, duh… all that typing for nothing… I hate misreading things. . . .

1 Like

It was a long post! But I’m sure it will help someone so not entirely time wasted.

Are we sure about this? Because if we are — morality be damned — I’m not happy about it. I get zero benefit. Well, I get a marginal benefit.

It’s definitely length of stay not length of ticket?

But I get a rolling 60 day window starting on the day of the hotel reservation? With my current (and entirely legitimate) Contemporary reservation I get TSL opening day FPPs at 59 days. With this new, apparently not so great, plan I’d get 60?

1 Like

Yes you’d get a rolling 60 days, so there is some benefit, but not the benefit I think you were anticipating. It’s definitely length of stay.

1 Like

Absolutely, positively, 100% length of stay Matt!

1 Like

Arse :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Well that’s just rude. I answered in a civil manner, and you call me names.

That’s it, I’m done. I’m going to flounce off now… , oh wait!

:wink:

Edit: I’m surprised that got through actually :joy:

I was referring to the situation, rather than to you!