Moonlight Magic registration dates announced

DVC have published the registration dates for the remaining MM events.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/member-events/moonlight-magic

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

• Event Dates: May 11, 2023 and September 13, 2023
  • Early registration opens April 4th
  • Open registration opens May 3rd & Aug 31st

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park

• Event Dates: July 11, 2023 and August 2, 2023
  • Early registration opens June 14th
  • Open registration opens June 21st & July 19th

Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park

• Event Dates: May 23, 2023 and August 23, 2023
  • Early registration opens April 26th
  • Open registration opens May 11th & Aug 9th
5 Likes

Thank you!! Of course I get DVC emails like the one time use points $ increase but never anything useful!

Just a quick reminding bump. :blush:

3 Likes

And that means you have until the end of today to make any changes to the reservation, like adding guests etc.

1 Like

I rented points for my stay for the May 11th date.

DVC still doesn’t have me in the system for being onsite to be able to register early, even though my reservation shows up in MDE.

I don’t actually care much as I’m already going to the After Hours event at HS the week before, but this is interesting for anyone considering renting points to get into future events. Not sure if it’s a one off or a common thing.

I’m 99% certain you have to be staying on your own membership to qualify for early registration.

1 Like

And I think I was wrong lol!

It just says a reservation at any WDW owned resort .

Early Registration Window * – Opens April 4, 2023
The early registration window for Disney’s Hollywood Studios events is open to eligible Members with existing Resort reservations at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida** or at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort—with party size modifications finalized prior to April 2, 2023.

So the window to add guests has also already passed.

@Bubblez , what makes you think you’re not being recognised? It could just be you haven’t had the email, which you don’t actually need anyway to register.

Maybe someone can post the link, or I’ll see if I can find it.

1 Like

I went to the DVC site to register and when I looked at upcoming plans, my stay wasn’t on the site.

And when I called DVC a few weeks ago, I told them I wanted to pre register but they couldn’t find my reservation either, even though it shows up as MDE.

That was when I posted asking if Disney frowns on rentals because I felt weird saying that I “was staying on a friend’s points” which was what I thought I was told to say when I first booked for a different stay last year. This stay is the credit I received when I cancelled that trip.

And when I was on the DVC site today, I didn’t see a place to sign up for the Moonlit Magic.

Your stay won’t be on your DVC account because it isn’t your reservation. It’s your friend’s reservation (his / her points).

As long as it’s showing on MDE it should be fine.

Link for tomorrow:

https://eventswithdisney.queue-it.net/?c=eventswithdisney&e=dvcmmdhsprereg2023

@bubblez , I hope you get to book tomorrow. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

However I know that in the past there have been issues for people who had a blue card but had booked using “ineligible” points. I don’t know if that is still a problem or not.

1 Like

Thank you!

And yes, I think that’s the situation I’m in right now. It’s ok, I will definitely try tomorrow. Thanks for your help!

hah… well that was crap.

Joined in plenty of time, was told “you’ll be placed randomly” in the queue, and i got stuck at 8000+

Whole thing sold out before I could get past 1128.

Good thing I didn’t really care, I was just registering cause I might be going in September and figured “why not?”

2 Likes

All of these registration things - for this, runDisney, etc - are nuts and stupid nuts at that.

I guess I should be glad that none of the dates worked with any of my expected time there over the next year.

“Registration will reopen on May 3 for the May 11 event”

should put a foot note in there: lol as if you got a chance lol

1 Like

I am legitimately more annoyed that I simply didn’t get a chance to register more than I am not being able to do the event.

Does that make sense?

1 Like

That’s a bummer! I didn’t think they sold out. I’m unfamiliar with the capacity they allow. Does that mean that there’s no availability for the general registration day? Do you have a Sept room booked?

No, they’ll have a 2nd one for the general population. But it’ll be more cut throat than even this was.

Yeah, for now.

My mom has been on the fence about going. If she bails you can have her ticket.

1 Like

And also, if you wanted to share your info, I would be happy to get in the queue for you to double your chances.

1 Like