Moonlight Magic registration dates announced

lol thanks, but it’s not that serious. I’d offer it to someone who wants to go a lot more than I do.

Besides, if my scheduling forecast is correct, that should be an EE night for MK.

Appreciate the thought though! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

bumping this thread because registration is in 9 days for HS Moonlight Magic on May 11. I think registration opens at 11 EST.

2 Likes

Tried both times to get tickets to this event. No luck either time :frowning:

Was anyone able to get in? Curious what queue number you had if so! I started with 1771 this time and they sold out within ~20 minutes. First round I got stuck with 9000+ but it took a while to sell out.

Nope. fwiw I had 2010. I had zero expectations but figured why not. We’re really hoping for AK in August though.

I hopped in the waiting room at 9 am on my desktop, a few minutes later with my phone and my DH logged in about 9:20 am. When the queue officially opened at 11 am my desktop said I was number 300 something and quickly began dropping. My phone started at 600 and DH was in the 3000s. My desktop won and I was in and got my confirmation email at 11:06 am.

I’ve got 5 spots for HS MM on May 11. I’ll be upset if the co-worker and her sister stand us up, at the last minute again, because I’d rather offer my extra 3 spots to someone who will actually show up :wink:

1 Like

I want to add that the DVC site isn’t helpful because they don’t share the times to show up for check in, or the hours for the event, etc. Just got off DVC chat and was told the check in times vary by park. MM at HS check in starts at 7 pm. I’ve not checked google yet, because I think the DVC site should have that information posted :face_with_raised_eyebrow: CM-Eric on chat said its official start time is 10 pm

I mean, if it comes to that…we will be a hop skip and a jump away at UOR, so my wife and I would be willing to step in last minute. You know…out of concern they would go to waste. It would be a burden we would be willing bear. :grin:

2 Likes

Nice, because I am going to press them for a firm commitment. I know it’s a work night for them both, so if there is any chance, they will bail on us I’d rather share it w/ someone else.

I didn’t know you could do that with different devices. Thanks!

1 Like

Last night I was at MM-HS w/ a few friends. @ryan1 ended up tagging along b/c of his quip here. His comment prompted me to PM him and let him I know I ended up w/ two empty spots. Anyways, early open was 7pm, official start 10pm and park closed to regular guests at 9:30, MM ended at 1am. They had a 11pm Fantasmic which Ryan went to and I’m curious about how crowded it was.

What I want to really share is: They started letting people in much early than 7. I believe we were in by 6:30 and it was clear people had been let through before that. Also, they give you 3 coupons per person (forgot to take a picture), but there are certain foods only available 7-10 and then it’s just snack stuff (popcorn, Dasani, ice cream). I ate at DB7 and got the dessert for free w/ one coupon. The extra things 7-10 pm are only available at certain locations too.

The lines for the free ice cream sandwhich/bars was REALLY long in TS but in Animation courtyard I could walk straight up (Ryan texted that last tip). Also, all wait times on the app disappear after the park closes to regular guests.

Moonlight Magic Digital Event Guide.pdf (2.9 MB)

I also got this popcorn in SWGE w/ coupons. The colored one was GROSS, the blue was regular buttered popcorn. Wait times were reduced, as expected and the crowds were extremely low expect in TS.

3 Likes

Oh I think the colorful popcorn is yummy! Tastes like froot loops or similar!

2 Likes

oh, fruit loops, that’s it, I couldn’t put my finger on the flavor. I do like fruit loops but it didn’t work for me on the popcorn.

2 Likes

Yeah I can see it being one of those things where you expect a food to taste a certain way and when it doesn’t it’s mind blowing

2 Likes

Not very crowded at all. Maybe 1/3 full.

3 Likes

Sometimes it pays off trying to be funny! :grin:

1 Like

Yes Sir! :rofl:

Registration for AK opens tomorrow for those with onsite reservations.

Dates: July 11th, Aug 2nd.

Link is here:

https://eventswithdisney.queue-it.net/?c=eventswithdisney&e=dvcmmdak2023

Make sure to click before 11am tomorrow.

2 Likes

Just in case anyone’s curious - we were 5,664 in the queue and were probably in good shape for the Aug 2nd date that we wanted but it would have been iffy for July 11th - it was on limited availability for a while before we got sent to the registration page.

A reminder that open registration for the Typhoon Lagoon event on August 23rd opens on Wednesday 9th August.

Anyone eligible for membership extras can register. Go to the event page here:

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/member-events/moonlight-magic

Remember to join before 11am. And stay on the page without refreshing. Do not hang up if the page freezes or a message that the event is full appears within the first 30 minutes, even an hour. Stay on. Cross your fingers. Don’t be caught out by their appalling system failures!

3 Likes