Momma needs a break! Live(ish) Solo Trip Report

Against my better judgement I’m going to attempt a somewhat live trip report. I love following the trip reports here. I may not comment often but know that I am glued and following any time I see one go up!

A little background: My family and I moved to central FL in August so technically I guess this is a staycation but I really hate that term. It is a vacation to me in every sense other than the short drive. I am leaving the DH and kiddos behind and going solo for the first time! And after this year it is so needed! This trip was planned a year ago with the assumption that we would have annual passes after the move and we would be enjoying the parks regularly as a family. Ha! Little did I know. No annual passes and the kids and DH have not been to the parks. I have been on a few day trips thanks to the fall Fl resident ticket promo but that’s it. So this trip feels extra self indulgent and I’m feeling a little guilt but the kids and DH have been so sweet and excited for me to go. That was long, sorry!

The details:
4 Nights at the Poly (rented DVC points)
4 Park Days with park hopper tickets (woohoo!)
1 Resort Day

And I’m off! It’s bright and early and I have to head out shortly to make AK park opening!

30 Likes

Have fun!

2 Likes

Have a great time!!

2 Likes

Amazing!!! Have a blast!

2 Likes

Looking forward to following along. Have fun!

2 Likes

Looking forward to a trip report. Have fun!

2 Likes

Enjoy!

1 Like

Fab!

1 Like

Yay! Glad you decided to try a trip report! Looking forward to it - especially AK pics today!

2 Likes

That looks better. Have the funnest!

3 Likes

I found a nice little spot for lunch that I know at least one person here would approve of. :wink:

25 Likes

The drummers just went by and I think it’s the musicians and other performers that I miss the most right now.

BTW, FOP has been 20 min or less wait all day and everything else a walk on. What?! I don’t think I have ever had such luck.

13 Likes

If you’re up for more than one drink, try the night monkey. It is sooo good. Have a great trip!

3 Likes

I kind of hope it’s like that next week when I am there!

I will send you good vibes!

2 Likes

A few photos from AK today. I managed to do KS, Gorilla Falls Trail, EE, Lunch, and FOP 3x by 1:40 then I got the alert that my room was ready. The room is far from what I requested but I will save that for later.

11 Likes

I have never noticed this guy before.

12 Likes

Love the pictures! Where are you staying? I hope the room is more than you expected, but I am ever the optimist!

1 Like

This is an awful photo but it’s Baby Grace with Mom :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I’m at the Poly. The room is great but just not the location I had hoped for. It’s not bad, though.

3 Likes