Mom & son trip report Operation: Enduring Hope 2 - electric boogaloo

I’m sorry. Her energy level does seem higher than your last trip, though, so that’s a good thing. I’m glad you’re so flexible, though.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not sure what happened last night, mighta just been the excitement of being here finally wore off for her? Either way, we bailed and I canceled our chef Mickey reservation for this morning that was to be at 7Am. Letting her sleep in and we’ll just breakfast in the room.

I figured since we have spirit of aloha today (second attempt, we didn’t make it on the last trip), we didn’t need 2 buffets and certainly not one so early in the AM. I am, however, concerned about her energy levels now for the rest of the trip. 6hour breaks should have been enough and yesterday’s break was even longer. Short of killing a whole day(yesterday was close, only was active a total of a few hours), I’m not sure what else to do. :thinking: I don’t want her confined to the hotel room, but if you’re so tired ya can’t do anything… What’s the alternative?

Today, thankfully, is the lightest of days until travel day. Only SOA at 5. The rest I had planned on being in MK.

A few shots from last night. Better ones are on my good camera.

13 Likes

Good choice. Is it hot? Heat can really wear out the most healthy of people, so it wouldn’t surprise me that she wears out easily. Sitting in wheelchairs isn’t the most comfortable thing, either.

Hope today goes better for you and your mom.

Love the pictures, especially the first one.

3 Likes

It is, but she’s complaining she’s cold until it hits high 80s. So not sure what’s up there. I mean, you can see she’s wearing a fleece jacket in just about all pics.

1 Like

Hmmm. I can’t explain it. The human body is very strange sometimes.

1 Like

In summation: F*** Cancer. :pensive:

7 Likes

Pretty much.

2 Likes

My mom was disabled and had really thin blood with low platelets. You also can get thinner blood as you age. May also be a medication she’s on?

2 Likes

Great pics and report. I hope the extra rest this morning makes for a good day for you.

1 Like

Awesome photos! Your mom looks so happy.

1 Like

Well she spent most of the day in the room resting/sleeping. I however spent the morning in MK, did more f&w stuff and checked out some DVC propaganda before heading off to HS for star tours.

Now we’re waiting for the spirit of aloha show. Looks like we’re gonna make it! (Finally)

18 Likes

Great report and pics!!! The rain was brutal the first few days but now it’s better-just hot and humid. But, that’s Florida, right??
Your mom looks so great! And it looks like y’all are having a wonderful trip, even with the longer than expected breaks!
Looking forward to reading more soon!!

1 Like

We actually got lucky with the rain so far. I’ve only been caught it in once enough that I had to bust out the poncho.

2 Likes

Hahaha as I finished typing that, the skies opened. Made it to cover just in time.

9 Likes

Dinner is going well. Mom hasn’t eaten much… until that desert came along. That was gone in a flash. Lol

Show is a lot better than I remember as a kid.

17 Likes

@Randall1028 I am so glad to see your Mom looking so good and the two of you having such a great time. This makes my heart smile and there’s dang pixie dust in my eye. She’s obviously a hell of a woman and raised you right. I hope my son would do the same for me someday. :heart:

14 Likes

Moms wiped after dinner, ugh. Did get in a photopass photo. She looks sad though.

she’s now back at the room for sleep for the night. I’m heading to Epcot to get in illuminations and night photos. And some f&w deliciousness.

Prepare yourself stomach. It’s about to get real.

Edit: then again maybe not. Slow people making me miss monorails is now cutting this all insanely close.

11 Likes

Well park was “officially” closed by the time I got to the gate, but the cast members let me in anyway. caught mid-illuminations, but all food booths were closed. Booo

3 Likes

You bet.

I get cold easily and even more so after getting chemo. I love summer. I will be there in 8 days and 89 is the highest temperature showing so far.

1 Like