Mom & son trip report Operation: Enduring Hope 2 - electric boogaloo

That last group of photos were awesome!

2 Likes

After breakfast and a brief hop to holllywood studios, mom is beat and is now back at the hotel resting. But she rode star tours so I’m all sorts of proud of her.

I’m on the bus to DS to try out the STAR WARS: secrets if the empire.

Is it weird I’m nervous? Oh and rain is rolling in here soon, so I am very glad mom will sleep through it. So far, we’ve gotten fairly lucky with the rain. I hope it holds.

14 Likes

Yeesh. Skies just opened up. Glad I’m on the bus still (longest ride ever to DS)

2 Likes

You both look so happy. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, forgot to mention we finished our coffees by the castle after breakfast where no one was the whole time. Perfection.

20 Likes

Can’t wait to hear what you think of the Void - we are doing it in October!

2 Likes

Well so far, it’s a lot of waitin’ :). They’re not busy, just slow…

1 Like

I have to say there is a remarkable difference in your mom from the last trip. You can see it in the pictures. You both look so happy. Enoy. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks like you’re all having a good time. Love the pictures!

1 Like

Ok, real quick thoughts on the void: very very cool. There’s slight environmental changes when you’re in hot zones, as welll as the smell of something burning. NPC Animations are excellent, human ones a little shaky, but that’s where we are with the tech. That said, no real complaints with them, very passable.

One issue was the ground would “vibrate” at certain points where heights are involved. A Little nerve racking. And if heights are a problem for you… AVOID this. THeres more than a few areas with significant heights.

The main “crux” (if you can call it that)with the thing is a “simon” puzzle, which is annoying cause I’d rather shoot. But the shooting afterward and the R2 unit being there both in vr and reality at the end make up for it.

Overall I’d definitely do it again.

9 Likes

I did the Void in July and was very nervous! It did take what seemed like a long time to get all of the gear on. It was really cool!

2 Likes

Thinking On it. It’s probably that puzzle that slows everything up. There we’re like 5 stages.

1 Like

Great info on the Void. Thanks - we’re taking my stepson in October. How long did it take from you to get from the park to the Void?

As others have said, your mom looks much better. I’m glad your both doing well.

1 Like

My ride was stupid long. Bus driver went to several stops before ending up at DS. A NORMAL transit should be about 10-15 minutes, then 10 minutes of walking because the thing is at the edge of DS

1 Like

Thanks. I think I’m allowing an hour, so that should be fine.

Hope you guys continue to have a great time.

1 Like

Loving all of the pics! Your mom does look great and definitely frame that one of the two of you with the hugest grins entering MK. I also love that you had coffee in front of the castle. The pic of your mom in that one says it all too!

2 Likes

DH and DSs are going to Void in Dec. so thanks for report. Did you buy your ticket much in advance?

2 Likes

No, in fact uhhh didn’t buy a ticket period. Walked in, “checked in” and went in. That was all there was to it.

2 Likes

We also walked right in without buying a ticket in advance. This was on an evening in late July.

It’s party time and mom has discovered the joy that is dole whip floats.

21 Likes