Mom & son trip report Operation: Enduring Hope 2 - electric boogaloo

Fireworks without rain?!?!? What a concept!

Yeah I was a sucker and bought a dessert party. But! It’s an AFTER fireworks one… so looking forward to not being rushed out.

21 Likes

Your mom is looking great! So glad to follow along with you!

1 Like

Since we have a few minutes before fireworks, yup, she’s doing better. No dedicated oxygen(so nice not dragging that thing around), energy is up, masses are all down, and her mood has overall improved. Still needs some help now and again for confusion/cognition issues, but overall we’re doing waaaay better than in May.

28 Likes

What a fantastic start to your trip, and thanks for bringing us along! Also so glad to see your mom looking so well!

2 Likes

I am renting points for the first time on this trip but staying at Boulder Ridge.

1 Like

So far, I’m feeling this was fantastic. Only “issues” I’ve run into is I expected a hamper (with bag) and usb outlets. Neither are here.

Hahahaha and she’s on the balcony!!

EDIT: I just realized that some might not get the significance of this. On our last trip, she was terrified of the contemporary’s room balcony and refused to go out on it for the whole trip (even though it was a primary feature of that room)

26 Likes

I may bring my power strip. I saw one at home Depot that had two USB ports.

I am two years out from my breast cancer surgery. I survived on milkshakes boosted with carnation breakfast essentials when I had chemo. They had a good cold texture. I lost my taste buds. I still find some foods too sweet.

6 Likes

Congratulations! I am well aware of that particular hell as well. So glad you made it through it! :heartpulse:

3 Likes

We are soldiers in the war against cancer. All we can do is fight with all we have. I am happy to see Mom looking better. My chemo curls faded back to my regular uncontrollable waves.

5 Likes

I’m just the support team(for now), but sending all the hope I can you won’t ever have to go through it again.

5 Likes

Your mom looks amazing - as does that view! Have a fantastic time and thanks for posting so we can follow along with you! :smile:

1 Like

It’s great following along with you! Hope today is a great day for you and your mom. Hope you get to meet up with the other liners that are in the world today!

1 Like

My lymph nodes were clean and I had complete mascetomy. Now on a oral anti cancer med for another eight years. I plan to win this war. Fox Chase at PMMC.

4 Likes

Well breakfast was a paradox. Staff was slow, characters pretty much waved and walked past, it booths made it like that and the food was good (though limited selection, but I’m ok with that). Mom had a good time, so I can’t say it was a waste, but I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

Did get her on frozen. She wasn’t impressed though.

Explored Epcot, mom stuck to the plan and we went Back to hotel for rest while I went back and took in the festival (literally). SHUT UP, STOMACH! You’re fine!!

With the party tomorrow and late night, ending tonight simply relaxing in the room and watching HEA from balcony with ice cream.

24 Likes

Nice morning is nice.

26 Likes

That first picture needs to be framed! You both look so happy!

8 Likes

Agreed :slight_smile:

21 Likes

OMG! I am looking at all of these pictures and your mom looks so much better. Happy, smiling, more there if you get what I mean. I am so happy for you.

10 Likes

Such great pictures!

2 Likes