MMRR Strategy

We’ll be in Hollywood Studios on December 10th. We are not a Star Wars family so our priorities are SDD and MMRR. Is it better to rope drop MMRR or SDD and then do the other just prior to closing or later in the day? I’ve heard some say crowds are lighter in the evenings. We are staying at CRB so have the option of coming via skyliner or driving ourselves to the park. TIA!

Hit MMRR first.

2 Likes

MMRR, IF you are able to get there significantly before opening. If you can’t arrive until opening time or shortly before and the line is already over 60 minutes, I would go on to SDD and come back to MMRR later in the day when the line goes down. MMRR waits are very high first thing after opening, whereas SDD takes longer to build.
https://touringplans.com/hollywood-studios/attractions/slinky-dog-dash/wait-times/date/2020-12-10
https://touringplans.com/hollywood-studios/attractions/mickey-minnies-runaway-railway/wait-times/date/2020-12-10

2 Likes

I agree w/ what has already been said and would like to share that we got there at rope drop, were inline for MMRR before opening and through the ride shortly after official opening. If they are still opening MMRR before official start that would be a great place to start and then wait until end of day for SDD. I might add that SDD looks to be fun at night with all the lights on.

Have fun!

3 Likes

We were able to walk from BV so were able to get in line something close to 2 hours before official opening. At the time(October) they didn’t operate the skyliner until they started doing temp checks and people were not let off buses until this time either. So if you skyliner or bus you’ll be behind all the people who walked. They don’t let people into the parking lot either until they start doing temp checks so same for driving. Disney transport is probably faster if you can get on the first skyliner or bus but I don’t know how early you’d need to be waiting for the first transportation so driving might be better if you want to sleep a little later. If you aren’t one of the first through the gates (walking) there will be a line already for MMRR and still not much of one for SDD. I was told by another Liner if you wait till close to closing time MMRR gets a shorter line. So that’s an another option if you get in and see the line for MMRR is already 75 min or longer, then I’d do SDD first while it’s about a half hour or so during that time before official opening. By official opening the line for SDD was 75 min the day we were there and wrapped to Animation Courtyard.

1 Like

If you can be among the very first on MMRR then you can probably do both! We were on and off both before 10am back in October on a Sat and then on and off both by like 10:20 on a Tuesday.

3 Likes

Yup, same for us but we walked and were there at like 8:15/8:20am for a 10am opening. They started doing temp checks at 9:10am on the dot and we pretty much walked onto MMRR and waited about 30 min (maybe 35) for SDD. We were in line for SDD during the 10am drop for RotR but very close to the front (I was nervous we’d be on the ride during the drop so I was actually praying for it to move a little slower lol). So we must have been off around 1005 or 1010am and by then the line for SDD said 75 min and wrapped to Little Mermaid. It probably wasn’t really 75 min long but it looks really long with the social distancing.

3 Likes

This was our literal exact same experience on one of our days! I was so paranoid we were going to be on the ride at 10am that I let a bunch of people cut us when I went to drop the stroller but we weren’t. But we didn’t get a BG either lol.

1 Like

That happened to us in August waiting for MMRR. We were maybe one or two groups back from the loading area when BG’s dropped. I was so worried we’d be on the ride. I kept mentally thinking … slow down!

3 Likes

Thank you for the link to the ride wait times. I didn’t know where to find that info but I knew it was somewhere :blush:

Hopefully, you got one at the 2pm drop or another day or have had a chance to ride it another time. We are 3 for 3 so far and it’s a fabulous ride imho. We used our rest day to practice when we last January and then the next day my parents came into town and we tried again the day after that with them. I wanted to make sure we got it right before I attempted with the 'rents. I can tell you those two 4am mornings combined with 3am mornings for the marathon and half-marathon (I ran the half but drove my brother and sister-in-law to the full so they wouldn’t have to take the bus) really killed me that trip not having a rest day. I needed a vacay from my vacay!

1 Like

That sounds amazing. I hope we get this level of magic on our HS day!!

1 Like

We did! That day we got one at 2pm from Stormalong Bay and our 2nd DHS day we got off SDD by 10 and got a BG from the edge of TSL and GE.

1 Like

I’m going to be the one who says the opposite here. I just was there in Oct, and we rope dropped SDD, TSMM and ASS all in the matter of 15 minutes. We waited until later in the day to do MMRR. Yes we ended up waiting, but the wait was over an hour all day.
in the afternoon SDD was up to 100 minutes wait.

Came here to say the same. We were able to do SDD, AS2, and TSM all before the park officially opened at 10.

We jumped in the MMRR line about 30 mins before close and waited 45 minutes.

We were able to get a 7:30 Trattoria al Forno reservation. Will that help us be at the front of the pack for HS opening? Otherwise we will be coming via Skyliner from CBR.

Almost certainly yes, assuming the normal 10am HS opening. Even if you spend a full hour at breakfast, you would get to HS around 8:45, which should beat most/all drivers and skyliner riders. Yesterday, @Dreamer got to HS at 8:55 with not too many ahead of her, temp check 9:15, and done with MMRR by 9:35 for reference. I’ll be doing this same thing next week with Trattoria before HS.

2 Likes

It should. It was only a ten minute walk for us from the Boardwalk (and we aren’t fast).

1 Like

Oh, my TA is saying we can’t park at Boardwalk and go to HS so we have to ditch this plan. It would have been awesome. :sob: We have car seats so we can’t Uber! Kudos to reservation finder for helping us snag such an awesome reservation though!!

You can park if you have an ADR.

2 Likes