Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2014

Speaking of not eating lots of desserts: we actually have TTDP booked that night…I guess I REALLY want to see Holiday Wishes. :smile: Have it booked another night too for regular Wishes, so should I cancel TTDP for Nov 7? I really enjoy not being squished and want to use my FPP for attractions.

Yeah!!! My first liners meet. Anyone else going to the party on 11/20? @kellymouse5 - you are right?

Thanks for the tips @MeetMeAtThePoly , we are really excited to go !

2 Likes

Yes, @shaw52502, 11/20!!! Woohoo!!!

1 Like

I would love a meet during the party! It will be me and my kids, but we love a parade! :wink:

1 Like

Are the crowds lower during the MVMCP…like for rides.

Most people say they are – I think most focus on character M&G as there is rare ones there so that’s the reason :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Because I had always heard crowds were lower, I was absolutely shocked at the two parties I attended. Most of the fun is along the main corridors – parades, shows, fireworks, etc., so the main pathways can feel like an impenetrable wall of people. It felt like a huge crowd, especially early in the party, and then cleared out some after the fireworks. The second parade is not so packed. But since all those people are out on the streets or in line to meet characters, yes, the wait times for rides tends to be low.

2 Likes

Am thinking of buying tickets for 11/21 (we arrive on the 20th, but we are coming in on a redeye - landing just after 6am, so the 20th might be pushing it!). Adult DD and I are not parade, show or firework people ; we are strictly in it for the rides and the ambiance. Live in snow country, so the real white stuff is a check for us. Was hoping that Pinocchio still makes an appearance, but looks like not? Have a photo of this DD as an 11 year old, sitting next to Pinocchio watching intently as he twists the hair on her troll doll and then shakes it to make it stand up. She was so shy, and hated character M&Gs, but he was so good with her. Was hoping to bring a copy of the photo and a new doll and try to get a “today” version of that photo. As Eyore would say, “oh, bother”

2 Likes

Have you checked Kenny the Pirate’s site, which is the go-to source for all info regarding character meets? He might know where you could find Pinnochio… Good luck! PS I :heart: the MVMCP, but if you are not into parades or shows or characters, it might really not be worth the money. Think I’d use the money for La Nouba or Hoop Dee Doo instead. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thx @B_Squared! Yep, checked with KtP, and the wooden boy is scarce (cruises, DLR & DLP). We went to the party together 19 years ago, so would enjoy the nostalgia. Know it will be crowded, but most are doing special events (giving us shorter rides in lines). Have both done LN & HDDMR several times.

We land At MCO at 10:30 on Nov 13th. Thinking about going straight to MK when we get off of ME and staying straight through for the Chritmas party.
Are we crazy?

We’re going December 14 - it’ll be our first time, and I’m really excited!

Would be so fun! Is the time difference going to work for you? We will both be working all day on the 19th, flight leaves just before midnight that night and arrives at MCO at 0600 FL time (will be 0400 for us). Planning to nap in the flight, will be at a park until about 8pm. If time works for you, go for it!

Got our tickets for December 4th, along with the TTWDP! I’m still pretty hesitant about it though, as I hear it is PACKED with crazed people, all trying to see the parades from the same place! I figured that the TTWDP would be a good “escape” from the crowds. The whole event is going to be a surprise for my DH and DS! We’ll be in MK that day, and at 7:00 p.m., when the party starts, I’m planning on saying something like, “Oh well…we have to leave now!” and head for the exit. Hopefully there will be a wristband distribution place near the exit! Can’t wait! Does anyone have any tips for a first MVMCP timer?

1 Like

I’ve had luck with Pinocchio in Epcot near the fountain if MVMCP doesn’t work out. I agree about checking the KTP site though.

2 Likes

Good choice! We booked the dessert party during mvmcp too. I HATE the “stake out a spot then defend said spot then have it blocked by ipad/tall person/kid on shoulders etc.” routine. Makes me stressed & grumpy and I don’t like feeling that way at Disney. Will be our 1st time at mvmcp too, so I don’t have any tips, just wanted to help validate your TTDP decision. :smile:

1 Like

It should, we have only 1 time zone to cross. We are in WI so we only loose 1 hour going down and get it back on the way home. We fly out of Milwaukee at 6:45 am and land at 10:30 am. Just don’t want to get burnt out on the first day. We are a rope drop family and don’t want to jeopardize that for the next day.
We did the Halloween Party back on 2009 and had a blast, EPCOT in the morning and daytime and to MK for the party. Long, but great day.

Thx @Bwalker75!

1 Like