Mickey Mail!

The best way to start the weekend. Now it feels real!!

28 Likes

So exciting! :smile: Just a month to go and you’ll be at home in the World!

2 Likes

It has been a long time coming! I can’t wait!

3 Likes

Yay!

I am loving the new luggage tags and that booklet looks great (can you show us the inside?).

Biggest disappointment of DVC and AP/Room only bookings is the lack of these mailings. :frowning: It really adds to the excitement to get stuff like this.

5 Likes

So exciting!!

2 Likes

It’s too big to show you all the pages, but here are some. It has explanations of FPP, dining plans, ME etc, fold out maps of all the parks, DS and the Boardwalk, some suggested restaurants under different headings - characters, shows, QS etc, services available at the parks, a suggested itinerary and then an A-Z of general info, like tipping, how old you have to be he drink alcohol and the ID they accept, flight time, the weather, all sorts.

10 Likes

Yay! What is the yellow card? Do you need
It to access the extras?

3 Likes

It’s just a little booklet of coupons, mainly for Disney Springs.

1 Like

That’s fantastic!

We get a booklet, but it’s comical how useless it is. Basically gives a run down of the various parks and that’s it. And the run down is like a few paragraphs, at most, long.

3 Likes

I think this starts from a place of assuming you know absolutely nothing - there’s a bit about needing a passport :joy: - so it doesn’t go into huge amounts of detail, but certainly enough to get someone started. Although if they’re only starting 5 weeks before the trip, I think they might need some help!!

3 Likes

You’re really not. They’re nowhere near as nice as the US ones. I got one of the US ones when I checked in at Pop in December and they’re so much better.

It also includes ludicrous “suggested itineraries” for a 14 night stay. I’m making this up but nonsense like “Day 7. Have an exciting game of mini golf before hitting Disney Springs for lunch. Then spend the rest of the day in the hotel pool.” Yeah. Good plan. I’ll do that.

3 Likes

Wow. I haven’t gotten luggage tags. Just the yellow stickers for ME. Kind of jealous that book is big too!

2 Likes

You get them with a package but not room only.

1 Like

I agree about the luggage tags.

Lots of people - even Liners - have days when they don’t go to the park. I’ve seen people say they do 2 park days then a resort day - even on a 5 day trip. I could never do it. But we do some half days.

1 Like

I love Disney’s evil sense of humor. They send you this “planning” book and inform you that you should make ADRs with only a month to go, and then advertise BOG as one of the ADRs you should make :rofl:. Imagine the horror of a first timer when all they can find is Biergarten (that was me by the way last year after a 10 year Disney hiatus :open_mouth:).

6 Likes

Our magic bands haven’t came yet maybe they will be with them. I know they don’t ship magic bands to you Brits

Yes luggage tags come in the magic band box for you.

2 Likes

Woot Woot!!! :tada::tada:
Will be interesting to get your take on the refurbs at POFQ, especially the food court and the weird white covers on the beds. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I never saw the old food court, only the temporary one. I don’t like the look of the refurbed rooms in photos but hopefully they are nicer in person!

1 Like

We have a room+tickets package. Is that what you had to end up getting the booklet. When did you get? And does anyone know when the magic bands tend to Arrive?

1 Like