Memory Share for Feb 2022 - Closed group

I agree. Don’t worry about sending a small chunk back to me. I’m happy as is.

Thanks again for organizing!

I don’t mind. No need to send money back.

Thanks everyone, I have no issue if I miss a day here or there. Would be happy to pitch in whatever costs needed to help. If it’s still available let me know!

Just PMd you. Thanks again everyone!

Anyone else thinking of Capture Your Moment? Where you pay to have a photographer for a half-hour. I’ll have to bribe the family to behave and be patient.

I’ve thought about it, it looks fun, but I have a feeling no one would cooperate! :joy:

1 Like

Any chance there’s room for one more, please?
My dates are 1/29 - 2/5
If it’s too late, no problem - just thought it doesn’t hurt to ask :slightly_smiling_face:

If that weren’t the most popular week, I might consider it. But, I think that would make 4 groups at the same time. The Memory Maker might explode or crash. Especially since I plan on getting the Capture Your Memory session, and dropping into the Disney Springs photostore on a rest day.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me. Sounds like we chose a popular week! Enjoy your trip!

1 Like

This leading reservation thing is awesome! I was stressed out about my arrival day reservation, but I didn’t need to be. I woke up at oh-dark-30. There are 3 of us, but I’d heard 4 was more likely to find stuff, so from the beginning I tried for a 4-person reservation and got it. Then about 3 pm eastern, I thought I’d try to switch it to 3 people just because I like things right. Nooooo problems.
It is amusing have extra people show up in my plan page. I thought, “Wait! I’d made a Topolino’s breakfast reservation. How did it switch to dinner?” Then I saw that it was someone else from this group.

Sometimes I think, “In hindsight, I should have done …” Because my hindsight relates to this group, I thought I’d mention it in case you guys can use it in the future. It would have been better to have my leading reservation on the account that has the Memory Maker. Then instead of adding three people to the leading reservation, anyone in the group could have logged into the leading reservation account, made ADR’s there and then made their real account as the lead on the ADR. The only tiny downside would have been those making ADR’s wouldn’t have a CC saved to the account.

I’m not able to be in the share anymore unfortunately. We decided to change our dates to late April. My daughter has some work things going and our dates didn’t work for her. I’m super bummed as the lead reservation made it so I could pick anything I wanted. We’re now going end of April (24-29). I hope you all have wonderful trips and I can’t wait to read all about them.

I want to thank @shawthorne44 for all your work and help. Thank you!!!

1 Like

I have sent a message to everyone still in the share with the login info to the account with memory maker. For those that have been in a share before tell me if/when there is something else I need to do.

I don’t know about you guys, but I am definitely more chill about photos at Disney because of the shared price. If I’d paid full price, my gut would clench when I read things like ‘It is rare to find photographers except the entrances.’ But, with the share I think, “Meh, I guess that is OK. I can always get a stranger to take a photo with my cell. If I get a few ride photos and entrance photos I’ll be fine. And, and I reserved that Capture the Moment thing, so we’ll have more than enough photos.”

@malaroni 1/25-1/29

Me, 1/30 - 2/11.

@Colleen68 1/30 – 2/6

@ocelot Feb 12-18th

@ehsanchez Feb 16-19

I just got a request from @zpannell to join our group. “We’re a single party of 2 people starting 1/26 and ending 2/2.”

The person I’d said No to in Nov had formed her own group including zpannell. Then that group got smaller and smaller and just dissolved. That seems rough to be so close to a trip and then kicked out of the share group.

Unless any of you object, I thought I’d let her into our group. Since we lost someone from ours, I don’t think it should be a problem. But, if any of you think it will be a problem, message me and I’ll say no.

1 Like

I have no objections.

Thanks for checking on this!

I have no problem

So, I am curious. How was everyone’s trip?
What did you think of the photographs you got there?

I would have been annoyed if I’d paid full price for the photos. There was almost always a line for the photographers so we didn’t get as many of those as I’d thought. But, for our price, I was extremely happy.

One thing funny, we had a new photographer once. I held out my left arm to him with my hand dangling and he thought I was showing off an engagement ring. It was the arm with the MagicBand. He must have been really new!

My absolutely favorite photos were from WAT and the Capture Your Moment session. Of course, those were both days that I made sure were Good Hair Days. But those photos in particular were excellent just in general. WAT photos don’t need a photo pass to download them.

Our trip was amazing. I had been the driving force of this trip. So, it made me particularly happy when DH and DD each told me a couple of times each day what an amazing time they were having. It didn’t go quite as I thought it would, for example we sent more time meandering than I thought. But, that is what the family wanted to do.

1 Like

I describe ours as chilly and wet. We didn’t have the best weather and a blizzard at home cut our trip short, but we all had a good time. None of the relaxing by the pool that I’d hoped for, but we made the best of it. And all the less than good things that happened make for good stories later on.

I wouldn’t have gotten the pics if I didn’t do a share. We only ended up with 2 park days so it would not have been worth it otherwise. A lot of the photographers had long lines, but we did find several with short lines and got some decent family pictures. I’d been hoping for some castle pics, but we missed our Magic Kingdom day due to leaving early to beat a blizzard home

We may be back someday, when there’s more new things to experience.

Glad you had a great trip! It’s nice to see all the planning work out!

That was true for us too. My plan had been to relax by the pool on our arrival day until our Topolino’s Breakfast and the room was ready. My thought was that even if it was too cold to swim, the sun would warm us up. It was less than 40F. That plan didn’t work.