Memory Share for Feb 2022 - Closed group

That fits within the dates.

1 Like

Great! Let me know when to pay. Thanks for setting this up!

OK, I bought the memory maker. There was no tax. So, it is $169. Here is everyone that was interested, in roughly chronological order. $169/6 is $28.17. I have a paypal account and also cashapp. I assume that is sufficient for everyone. I hope the @ will alert everyone. Maybe it is a # that does it? Send me a PM and how you prefer to pay, then Iā€™ll send you back my info. In the meantime, Iā€™ll be ā€˜invitingā€™ my real Disney Account to become a friend, and Iā€™ll take screenshots just in case it is slightly different than that nifty document. The Dummy Account is my ā€˜auntā€™ lives with me at the same address and is precisely one year older than me :slight_smile: and has a different email. So, Disney shouldnā€™t be ā€˜helpfullyā€™ merging my dummy account with my real one. Looks like three of us will be there the first week in Feb.

@malaroni 1/25-1/29

@Colleen68 1/30 ā€“ 2/6

@looking_for_sunshine 1/30-2/4.

Me 1/29 ā€“ 2/12

@ocelot Feb 12-18th

@ehsanchez Feb 16-19

2 Likes

I have no idea how to DM I do have PayPal tho.

I think I sent a DM.

Hello everyone, Iā€™ve heard from everyone except @ocelot. Such a cool name. The guide document says 6 families are ideal. So, assuming no one changes their mind, we are there.

I sent everyone a message with how to paypal me, and what Iā€™ll need to friend your account. Paypal seemed to be what everyone wanted. If that doesnā€™t work for someone tell me. That is how I ended up with the cashapp account. When someone says, ā€œI want to pay you money, and I want to do it this way.ā€ You say ā€œOK.ā€ Unless they are a Nigerian Prince.

I also think I sent a DM. Iā€™m not completely sure, itā€™s been a long day.

I feel you seems like everyday us like that lately.:grinning:

1 Like

Update:
Iā€™ve successfully sent a friend request to two people, another person errored on me (see PM), one person I have the money but not the contact info, and the last I havenā€™t gotten the money, but I imagine that will be soon. So, everyone should have just recently got an email or PM from me.

If I sent you a friend request, I also sent an email to the same address with screenshots from when I connected my real account and my childā€™s account. We will connect using ā€œShared Plans Onlyā€, so the only thing that the Leader account will see is the Memory Maker.

I also made the Leaderā€™s Account Friends List Private. I think that will keep each other off our real Disney Accounts.

The next step will be to add the other people in your group. We are allowed to have 25 friends and family on the Leaderā€™s Account. I have 3. So that leaves 22 to be split among the 5 other members. So, once we have a connection, send me the names of three other people in your group to add to the Memory Maker. We will probably have some spare slots later, but it seems fair to start with this. You will need to have your friends list not-private, at least until after the connections to them are made.

ETA: I donā€™t use that gmail email often, so if you send me something there, ping me here to go look.

ETA2: It seems to have errored when I made the list Private. And continues to error.

The Leader Account now has its friends list private.
It has been doing that to me, Error, Error, Error, Works.
Disney IT at its best.

I heard from one member that they only have two people. So, the remaining four members can have 5 each.

I have 3 people but I have not received a friends request.

I donā€™t know about you guys, but Iā€™m glad to be getting this settled before I need to make any detailed plans. Also, that Covid banner is driving me bat-poo-crazy.

I am connected to all primary members of the share, and some of the secondary members. Yeah! For some reason it says I canā€™t add a friend using ā€œFind through my connected Guestsā€ because it says that ā€œThere are no connected Guests you may add at this time. Please select a different way to add your new Guest.ā€ I donā€™t know why that is. After I added real myself, I was able to add my husband and child that way. I will try again tomorrow.

But, just to make sure, if there is a secondary member to be added either send me their name and email and Iā€™ll send a friend request to them. Or, ask me to send the Leaders info to you if I havenā€™t already.

IMPORTANT: Only the photos for people connected will be included in the MM share. Even if you manage their MDEā€™s.

I need all my ducks in a row. Coming into my busy season at work.Plus I may have A OCD planing problem.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Iā€™ve been looking into how shares are handled.

One way is like the document, where everyone is connected to the main account. After everyone is back, then the leader creates zip files for all the photos. Then people go in and download their photos. Then people have a few days to do any editing that they want on their photos. Then the leader creates another complete batch of zip files, and people download that batch.

Another way that I am leaning towards is that people are de-friended once they have all their photos. That should remove theirs. So, we should all have less photos to sift through. I asked for advice from the leader of the Oct/Nov/Dec shares, and weā€™ll see if there are any problems. There are three of us the first week in Feb, but otherwise, we mostly have our own days.

I feel like the way we did it before was share the log in information for the dummy MDE account - and then everyone just logged in and downloaded their own photos.

What are the drawbacks to that approach?

1 Like

Yes thatā€™s how Iā€™ve done it whenever I was part of a share. Never encountered a problem that way.

1 Like

Sounds good. Share the login is how weā€™ll do it.

1 Like

Great. Thank you again for organizing!

Thanks guys. I want to do a good-job, so Iā€™ll take advice from you more experienced people.

There are a few members and secondary members who need to make a change to the friend connection.
If your real life initials are C.C., A.C. or M.K.A. you need to do this:

Go to My Friends and Family and find Sophia. Click on the Update to the right. Then make it look like this:

That will make it where the leader account doesnā€™t see your reservations. I truly think that none of us would do anything on purpose, but something could be done on Accident.

Mine looks like that. But itā€™s under friends I donā€™t share plans with? AC is the same way. Iā€™m assuming Iā€™m the CC my daughter is AC

1 Like