Memes and Jokes (Part 2)

4 Likes

16 Likes

18 Likes

Love this one! :joy:

2 Likes

12 Likes

Older British readers will appreciate this display I spotted in a shop in Harrogate just now:

Here is the sketch in all its glory.

6 Likes

I remind myself of the time when my mother was working in a pub in the north of England. A customer came in and asked for a cork. She clarified. “A cork?” “Yes,” he said. “What do you want a cork for?” “To drink, of course!” “How can you drink a cork?” “Look: I just want a cork. A corka corla!”

If you know British accents, that all makes perfect sense.

6 Likes

I appreciate it and I don’t consider myself old :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Two Ronnie’s were comedy gold!!

3 Likes

Brilliant!!

I have similar story from my Father in Law…

Near Christmastime, a colleague asked his boss if he could have a day off because he was ‘Going to a waddin’.
When he got back after his day off, his boss asked him how the wedding had been.
He was confused because he hadn’t been to a wedding. The boss asked him again why he had needed a day off.
He said he had went to a waddin’ - Awaddin’ and his wamp!!!

Translation - he’d been to a pantomime (Aladdin and his Lamp) :woman_facepalming:t4::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

My 17yo is a massive fan of the 2 Ronnies (and Morecambe and Wise). So not necessarily just older British liners!

5 Likes

I love them too!!

I feel like we’re lacking in comedy genius in this generation.
Vick and Bob plugged a gap for a while, but I can’t think of anyone since them that’s as good.

2 Likes

You don’t really get double acts these days do you.

3 Likes

They used to play both of those shows on late night public television here in NY in the 1980s - it was great!

You just don’t see any sketch comedy now where they take the time to set up and run with a joke for so long.

3 Likes

17 Likes

19 Likes

Oh Daniel…

If they come for you will you send them my way too? I’m ready.

8 Likes

100% accurate

3 Likes

Nathan Pyle is many funny:

And I love humour based on anthropomorphising animals:

13 Likes

11 Likes

The YouTube one :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes