Memes and Jokes (Part 2)

16 Likes

Ugh I do not miss awkward holiday dinners.

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I claim shotgun because I get violently ill in the back seat (unless in the rare circumstance that the windows are tinted and the middle row is nicely appointed captain chairs).

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl: I calll my mom mary poppins less stable twin! She’s such a sweet, petite, polite, kind and thoughtful little lady… and every once in a while just loses her shit :woman_shrugging: sometimes it makes complete sense and sometimes shes mad at inanimate objects for doing their job… or people but watch out then. It’s like kicking a cute innocent puppy. Sis and I will pounce. We aint so sweet :bison::bear:

5 Likes

Are you pouncing on the people, or your mom? :joy:

5 Likes

On the people!!! People tend to take advantage of her. I’ve always been the mama hen since I was a little girl. I remember telling off the lady at the movies because our tickets should be matinee $1 price, any ticket bought before noon on Sunday. Well the show was for 12:30. Imagine a 7 yr old asking to speak to the manager. Money was TIGHT growing up-- food stamps, family charity and thrift store clothing on the sale days only tight. My poor mama gets ashamed or embarrassed and can let ppl take advantage of her sometimes… as she’s just naturally kind. She pulled herself up and bettered her life, but not without sacrifice. Well, I’m fine being her bitch for backup when needed. Although, outside of that, I’m like her and I have DH to be my… backup :smiling_face:

5 Likes

(Here’s the original webcomic that has been altered above.)

10 Likes

16 Likes

12 Likes

I started following poorly drawn lines because of @Jeff_AZ

4 Likes

I like to let my DH curate the really good ones for me, he seems to enjoy it :wink:

5 Likes

I hope it has been a good follow! PDL matches my sense of humor really well.

3 Likes

George Booth has been one of my favorite New Yorker cartoonists -

I just saw on the NYer Tweeter that he passed yesterday (age 96) and they posted this excellent example of his work, Which I happen to have pasted to the wall of my desk.

10 Likes

As is usually the case with things from The New Yorker, I don’t get this comic at all. I mean…is it supposed to be funny? Just some kind of satire?

2 Likes

This one is just kind of a “feeling in the room” kind of thing - does anyone know what’s happening lately?

4 Likes

16 Likes

21 Likes

13 Likes

Prime evidence that squirrels have chosen the Dark Side. #SquirrelDeathStar

14 Likes

This is hilarious. Unorthodox Halloween treats actually win the night :rofl:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckdy5qFrNCj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

20 Likes