Memes and Jokes (Part 1)

I think because ultimately it doesn’t hurt their bottom line and gets them loads of free marketing. They can also inch their prices up more and more because in a scarcity mentality people WILL line up for 7 hours to buy a freakin popcorn bucket, and they will pay whatever it costs. Disney is trying to look like a victim, so they have to be careful not to go too crazy with that pricing. But when people are all over all of social media posting about these things? Free advertising and creating panic among the masses who have FOMO.

5 Likes

Why did the “two per guest” not apply?

6 Likes

I guess I can see how it could be viewed as not breaking the rules since, regardless of what is posted EVERYWHERE in the shops now, someone allowed these people to purchase bags and bags full

I agree it was unprofessional and out of line by the CM (and would not have happened in days gone by when the worst they would say was “Have a Disney day!” as a means to give you the one finger salute.

2 Likes

I don’t know, but unless they were stealing the buckets, they can’t have been doing anything without the assent of a CM. And if they had done something wrong, the job of a CM is not to make a snide comment. It’s to calmly take the guest to one side and explain the problem.

3 Likes

And snarky or not, I’m a little cringed by a CM mentioning real world things like eBay. I think we all agree WDW is great largely due to the CM’s and their staying in character in the magic.

2 Likes

Yeah there’s that. When I’m in the bubble I like being able to forget there’s anything beyond it. I lose track of current news events and similar and I LIKE that

6 Likes

Let’s not forget that our source on this comment is a tweet. It could be fabricated or embellished or missing context.

I think they should just enforce the 2 per person limit and let people sell it on eBay if they want.

However, I still think this all comes down to people being crazy to wait hours in line for a plastic dragon. I am always shocked any time one of these items drives a frenzy.

9 Likes

Hey. Back off guy.

I am the voice of reason.

There’s not room for two of us here :wink:

12 Likes

People don’t lie on the internet.

6 Likes

This could also be a complete lie for the poster just to get attention on social media… just saying. Only 99% of what you read on the internet is true. This may fall in the 1% category :grin: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

did you get this stat off the internet ? :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

8 Likes

Also it is not clear if the CM said it TO the guest or muttered it. Since the tweet says “Parking CM” I wonder if it was said to another CM.

4 Likes

Absolutely :joy:

3 Likes

I definitely don’t condone the cast member making that comment. I just thought that the tweet was an amusing commentary on the situation (true or not). I don’t really mind if people resell on ebay, but I do think that Disney should be able to pivot better in these kind of situations. I worked in management for a very large cosmetics company for 20 years. We had a number of very high profile product launches with very specific protocols in place to manage these types of situations without impacting our other customers. This gets me to my bottom line issue r.e. this situation: I feel really sorry for the regular guests who were impacted by this mess. Resellers effecting the park experience of others due to their large numbers and monopolization of already scarce cast resources is an issue, but it is one that Disney could mitigate if they wanted to.

3 Likes

Not to add any fuel to the fire, but this one made me lol…

17 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:t2:

5 Likes

9 Likes

17 Likes

is there a baymax hidden in that carpet somewhere too :joy: :rofl: :joy:

5 Likes

:rofl: That’s like one further up thread that looks like a cruise ship breaking through waves in the sea, but it’s actually just a rip in leather.
I fell for both of them!!

6 Likes