Memes and Jokes (Part 1)

Should we have a sweepstake on how long this guy is going to be in charge??

8 Likes

What is in that recipe?

3 Likes

I see. So what you’re saying is…you’re an extrovert! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

when my DD is directed to them she always responds, “I don’t work here”

6 Likes

I substituted regular wholegrain mustard for the dry mustard that the recipe asks for, and used fresh breadcrumbs from a pan loaf instead of panko (but the family still complained and asked me to make it without the breadcrumbs next time 🥲).
PS Also, vinegar works if you have no lemon juice :woman_facepalming:t4::laughing:

5 Likes

Looks yummy! I love panko or breadcrumbs! Crazy family.

4 Likes

Wait a minute…

3 Likes

Me too. They add so much to the dish. But I’m outnumbered by the crazies :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::rofl:

3 Likes

Ikr? I want to make it that way bc it looks extra delicious.

4 Likes

Whereas I will choose them every time! Speed, efficiency, and no need to stand awkwardly while someone else scans my stuff. :joy:

7 Likes

they should have been serving:

5 Likes

It never works out that way for me :wink:

4 Likes

And judges my adult cart full of children’s food.

5 Likes

I’m sure they were :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::laughing:

3 Likes

Actually, not really. I go to 2 different check out ppl. One is Donna, my MIL loves her and buys her a drink so I do too. And the other is a much older gentleman. I forgot his name but ever since I saw some young punks being rude to him for being slow, I go in his line and ask him how he’s doing and about his grand kids (they are coming to visit from India, hopefully, this summer)

7 Likes

I bag my own stuff, lol. Im OCD but also, did this at 15 and its kinda like tetris, lol

5 Likes

My mom is the most extroverted extrovert I’ve ever met. She gets it from her parents (she / they are from GA/SC/AL so I always associate the talkative trait with the South - not sure how true that is). She talks to people in the grocery line, gets a conversation going with the waiter at a restaurant, the mailman, DMV, whatever. She would tell anyone her life story if given the chance. Actually, her favorite topic seems to be her children’s dating lives, but there’s nothing interesting on that front lately since we’re all married.

When we moved away from Hawaii, she gave a gift to the drive-through window worker at the Taco Bell, who she visited almost every day while we lived there to get a diet coke.

9 Likes

I identify with you mom so much in this moment. :rofl:

8 Likes

See…I would rather wait in line at the self checkout than risk having to say words to an actual human being by going to the checkout with an actual cashier. :smiley:

6 Likes

I’m an introvert(INFP), but I sound a lot like your mom in this respect. I AM from the south(NC with lots of family from/in MS) though, so maybe your hypothesis is correct. My kids always give me grief because I love striking up conversations with strangers.

4 Likes