Memes and Jokes (Part 1)

That’s awesome! It takes us that long to put up the main tree. There are multiple others, the mantle, the front porch, various other decor around the house. 2 years ago we outgrew the attic, garage, spare closets, and underneath beds and had to get this:

Glad to know we’re in good company.

Eta: we lovingly call it the Santa shed :rofl:

9 Likes

You are my people :heart::green_heart::santa:t3::deer::christmas_tree::snowman_with_snow::snowflake::snowman::christmas_tree::deer::santa:t3::green_heart::heart:

8 Likes

We usually decorate the weekend of Thanksgiving, but we are pretty conservative with how much we decorate. Probably above average though. We do a simple strand of lights on our roofline, a wreath, a tree, and various simple decorations around the house.

My parents, on the other hand, go all out. Among other decorations, they have a full-size Santa that they store in their basement in a box that we lovingly call his “sarcophagus.” They used to use a rope pulley system to hoist him into the dormer window above their porch. (Thankfully we convinced them to stop doing that because they were going to kill themselves one of these years. :rofl:)

2 Likes

I used to do a lot more. This Halloween I did nothing, basically. Since I have to do it all by myself I do less every year b/c …I’m old… then the family complains. I glare at them and remind them that they don’t help.

ETA: this was all I did for Halloween :jack_o_lantern:

ETA.x2: I remember going to my grandparents house to help them set up their tree for them when they got older. hmmmm… maybe if I lived near my other children they would help???

3 Likes

Are you one of those 60 year olds that @LTinNC82 was talking about? :rofl:

4 Likes

My grandmother told me that a woman who tells her age cannot be trusted. I thought she was serious b/c I had never heard her tell a joke before. I was in elementary school and had the audacity to ask her how old she was. She was my best friend. I’ve never told anyone my age until this past year b/c of my grandmother’s words. Even though I know it was a joke I still can’t do it. How about we leave it at, I’m old and get off my lawn :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Age is just a number!

5 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :joy: So is my dress size and I won’t disclose that either :wink:

4 Likes

OK I seriously have tears rolling down my cheeks right now! I have not laughed this hard in probably 2 years. I am so tickled I keep laughing which leads to coughing which leads to more tears… :sob::sob::yawning_face::yawning_face::sob::sob: Wow. I didn’t even know I needed that kind of laugh.

5 Likes

I don’t even disclose that to myself sometimes :roll_eyes::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :joy: yes, sometimes we just need to get on an inner tube w/ a drink and float down the deNile river

4 Likes

Also speaking of giant Santas… of course mom has one of those too. He lives in my room at their house and at one point he was just standing next to the armoire staring straight at my bed. Creepy! Then he moved into the closet that I have to open the doors on when I’m working from my room and stares over my shoulder.

5 Likes

My son’s birthday is 12/4 so while I wholeheartedly decorated Thanksgiving weekend before he was born, …since then we wait until the weekend after his birthday to keep them separated.

This December he will turn 16yo. I tried to talk him into letting us put the lights up out front one warm weekend (before his birthday) last year and he adamently refused. He wouldn’t even agree when I promised to not turn them on until after his birthday.

We have a tiny house, so one tree with the monorail circling the bottom, some lights out front (along the fence and awning) and some inflatables. I do have enough Christmas ornaments for two Disney themed trees, one space themed (Star Wars/Star Trek), and one for everything else. I have to do a lot of picking and choosing what ends up on our tiny, 5’ tree.

4 Likes

You people are making me tired just thinking about it. I’d have no problem decorating more but then I’d have to put it all away afterwards. Just, no.

4 Likes

Honestly that’s why we’ve started putting it up so early. It’s too much of an ordeal to only have it up for a couple weeks. Also I should say I help my mom with all of her stuff and I barely put a wreath out at my own house.

5 Likes

yep… putting away is worse then putting it all up… why?!?

4 Likes

9 Likes

“No one knew that Smeagol had an older sister…”

3 Likes

I saw this at a completely unrelated site and couldn’t help but post for @amvanhoose_701479. Posting here because it is NOT a serious question. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Exactly. Already asked and answered.

Technically, yes. Yes, it is. :no_mouth:

4 Likes