Mears Connect or Sunshine Flyer

Since DME is no more, am trying to find out which is better & faster to and from MCO for my upcoming adult only trip. I was watching a Vlog & they mentioned the time from landing to getting to their WDW resort (last stop) was 3 hours with Mears Connect.

• Sunshine Flyer
  • Mears Connect

0 voters

1 Like

Third option: same/same

3 Likes

One thing to watch out for is that Sunshine Flyer is not a 24 hrs service. Their last depature from MCO is at 11:00 pm, which can be a problem if you arrive late, even on a delayed/rescheduled flight.

3 Likes

??? same/same??

6 of one, half a dozen of the other. One isn’t better than the other really, but Mears is 24 hours. We were at our resort very quickly after checking in.

2 Likes

If you are flying JetBlue into the new Terminal C I think that Mears would have the “faster” edge because they service out of that terminal. But from A or B they are both exactly the same in terms of speed (i.e. luck of the draw when you bus departs). If you are looking for ultimate speed then go with Uber/Lyft.

1 Like

I am flying into MCO on JetBlue.

My flight arrives around 9am

1 Like

Wondering if Lyft would be a better/easier option. Really miss DME :frowning:

1 Like

Lyft/Uber is a great, quick option for people who are comfortable with such a service and who don’t have need of something larger, accessible, or with car seats. I prefer it myself and find it very easy to arrange.

3 Likes

I vote neither. Uber/Lyft would be faster.

3 Likes

I booked the Mears Express. I hope it is not 3 hours. I’m trying to get to the park after I drop my luggage at my resort. We land at 845 am so I know my room probably won’t be ready. Just need to store it there until we take our afternoon break.

What made you think it would be 3 hours?

I am hoping from the time I land to getting to my resort doesn’t take that long.

Ah. Generally I would say max of 2hrs from wheels down to arrival at resort, sometimes less.

Third option. None of the above

1 Like

During my last trip (about 10 days ago) We took Lyft to Universal. 1 hour from landing to being checked in at the hotel. No checked luggage and UOR is a bit closer than WDW to MCO but I still think it’s a faster choice than any bus to WDW. We will use Lyft or Uber to WDW next month.

1 Like

We have taken Uber once, MDE a few times or our own car. I booked the Sunshine Flyer to get to WDW. I haven’t booked anything back yet. I think we might just uber. I don’t need to be leaving WDW up to 4 hours before my flight. I’m not checking any bags and it’s just DH and I so I will probably Uber/ Lyft back. I leave in 16 days. We arrive around 8:20 I think, terminal C. I’ll report back for sure.

1 Like

We find Uber/Lyft to be both faster and cheaper than any prebooked service.

2 Likes

My wife and youngest had a good experience with sunshine flyer last August. They grabbed a one way deal for $16 / per person and the timing was fine. Mco to beach club around 1130a.

1 Like