Meandering discussion including but not limited to Disney shows, child behavior, speech therapy, song lyrics, autoimmune disorders, peanut butter substitutes, hygiene, and wine

Haha actually when we went to Beauty and the Beast there were 2 teenage girls sitting in front of us and they were wearing very tall and very big Mickey ears that were completely blocking our view. I got their attention by saying ‘‘excuse me please’’ and very calmly and politely asked them if they could please remove the ears as they blocked our view. They apologized and removed the ears and I said thank you very much and everybody was smiling and that was it.

And behind us was a family with 3 young kids who were obviously very tired and were crying and complaining during the entire show; they were wuite loud and it was a bit annoying but I told myself they were just poor kids, focused more closely on the show and it was really not that bad.

4 Likes

We use it in the UK too - not just for children, ‘our kid’ in Manchester refers to your sibling. And I suspect many here also don’t know it’s a baby goat.

1 Like

Our parents were ‘of a generation’ perhaps?

Laughing out loud at this!

I not-so-secretly loved when our kids used to watch Peep on long car drives - that show cracked me up. :smiley:

I think this exemplifies the fact that MOST of us don’t want to bother others, but sometimes just aren’t aware of it.

Like, a couple days ago while grocery shopping, there was this little old lady on her cell phone checking each and every individual graham cracker crust looking for cracks, etc. Unforunately, this meant her cart was right in front of the cocoa powder and marshmallows I needed to get through. Well, since she was on the phone, and because I figured this wouldn’t take long, I stood by waiting for her to finish. Problem was, she never noticed me. Never looked to see if she was in anyone’s way, etc. After nearly 2 minutes of my patience, she finished and turned and saw I was waiting. She was horrified and apologized. I knew she wasn’t trying to be rude at all, and as such, I put on my “patient hat” as my wife likes to say. (Her conversation on the phone sounded somewhat serious, so I decided not to interrupt…otherwise I would have politely said, “Excuse me.”)

3 Likes

I am from Wales…we apparently like sheep. Please don’t watch this if you are easily offended. :wink:

4 Likes

The ‘old bats’ are the worse! It wasn’t me honestly. :wink:

2 Likes

My youngest is 14 and I still watch it. without her. and spongebob too. I used to be the coolest mom on the block. probably now they think I’m just weird. ha!

2 Likes

I know it’s a baby goat!:blush:

2 Likes

Way off topic but funny:

I read Hemingway’s ‘‘For whom the bell tolls’’ in the french translation (I know, that was a horrible idea). At that point, I didn’t know the word ‘‘kid’’ had those 2 meanings in english. In french, a kid like a child is ‘‘enfant’’ or ‘‘gamin’’ while a kid like a young goat is ‘‘chevreau’’.

Now for the entire book (in french), Robert Jordan calls Maria ‘‘chevreau’’, literally ‘‘baby goat’’ !!! Seriously, what the **** ??? Really bad translator…

3 Likes

I’d like to state up front that I have five kids, and I’m not ashamed to say so. (It is up to you to decide which definition you think I mean.)

3 Likes

Yes, I would have done the same. To me, that is the ‘‘normal’’ behavior we all should have.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

My DS20 behaves like a young billy goat sometimes.:goat:

3 Likes

wait. what?

2 Likes

Nope, not sarcastic. About either point. But, whatever.

Now I know … you are a stroppy teenager!:wink:

1 Like

OK, sorry, I genuinely wasn’t sure. You have the right to your opinion.

I love Rhod Gilbert, he’s so funny.

1 Like