Meandering discussion including but not limited to Disney shows, child behavior, speech therapy, song lyrics, autoimmune disorders, peanut butter substitutes, hygiene, and wine

Now that is a lovely word.

2 Likes

I think that it was this.
Family S.O.S. with Jo Frost

1 Like

This is what I really love about these forums…we can take a potentially toxic topic and come to common ground and understanding! Much better than some other places I no longer choose to frequent…

5 Likes

Sorry but I’d be pretty annoyed with you talking during a show and your response was incredibly rude!! Should have apologized for talking and stopped talking instead of replying that you didn’t care and were just going to do whatever you wanted.

Luckily this show is pretty bad anyways.

@duffybear​:fearful::dizzy_face::tired_face:

2 Likes

Ok, usually…

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

LOL I am not sure whether you are sarcastic or not but in case this was for real, I will just say that I would have reacted much more gently and would have been much more accomodating if I had been talked to calmly and politely. :wink:

1 Like

I do agree with this point! It was a one and done for us. Funny it is garnering so much attention :crazy_face:

2 Likes

LOL totally

1 Like

It occurs to me just now that don’t believe I’ve actually seen this show. While it was clearly stated “The Little Mermaid”, my brain was turning this into “Beauty and the Beast.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

But you did not realize they were referring to you at first when they were trying to be obvious that the noise was bothering them- right?

2 Likes

Very important detail! That show is obviously much better. So if someone were to talk in a distracting way during it then I am sure that one would be entitled to yell obscenities at them!

3 Likes

Well no, you are right, but that first approach was a really loud ‘‘SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH’’ which still was rude in my opinion.

If I reverse the roles, I would have said ‘‘excuse me but could you please be less loud’’. Well actually in Disney it happened to me a lot (having kids around who talk during shows) and I never said anything because I think it’s fine in the Disney context but if it happened to me in a context in which I felt kids should not be talking then that’s what I would do.

1 Like

Next lively thread title: “Lady yells obscenities at me during BatB!” :wink:

2 Likes

Same. I was going to respond that the show is terrible anyway, but a) everyone likes different things and b) I didn’t want the thread to get too hijacked.

3 Likes

I think this was the keystone to my mother’s child raising philosophy…

2 Likes

I LOVE PEEP!!!

2 Likes

My mother’s was “Don’t go outside this house and embarrass me!”

My father’s was “Don’t piss off your mother.”

4 Likes

Its usage is endemic throughout the US, a country where at least half the population probably does not even know that a “kid” is a term for a young goat (America is not very goat-centric). :slight_smile: I think the actual origin of the term traces back to the German “kinder”…

3 Likes