McDonald's Happy Meal WDW 50th Anniversary Toys

Eta: My DS 17 works at McD’s and DH drives him to work, and DS 6 is a big Happy Meal fan. We won’t get close to 50, but I bet we will get a few, lol.

3 Likes

I had to go to Costco today so I stopped by
the nearby McDonald’s and got a Happy Meal. It came in a generic box so I was worried. He is a double so anyone who would like him he’s yours for free. :blush:

3 Likes

We’ve gotten two DHS backgrounds

5 Likes

I stand corrected. They are doing a much better job with the rollout of these toys verses MMRR toys. These things are so stinking cute!

3 Likes

I’m so jealous of your BB-8! So cute!

2 Likes

Me too! The only background I’m missing is AK and I want it so badly!

I have a duplicate Sebastián if you would like to trade. My Gmail is braydeb.

1 Like

I squealed when I pulled it out of the box. (Actually I squealed at all of them.) :laughing: Sent my husband a pic with a text “How cute is BB-8, though?”
His response: :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

OMG he really is so cute!!! They even did the little “thumbs up” flare. :blush:

2 Likes

I’m totes jealous of many of these…kiddos get happy meals on Thursday after gymnastics so hopefully two more this week (if they’re not out already :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

I won’t end up with many of them. I almost never go to McDonald’s. I’m in a fitness challenge at work and marathon training. I can’t afford the extra calories right now.

I guess you can just go in and buy the toy though. But what fun is that? Toy but no fries? No thank you.

2 Likes

Probably what I will end up doing. One can only eat so many chicken nuggets and hamburgers. We now have a collection of apple juice boxes in the fridge. No kiddos around here to pawn them off on.

I would just tell them “no drink” if I wasn’t up for a sprite or a real coke

I have about 8 chocolate milk bottles in the fridge because that’s what the kids order, but I only let them drink half at a time so they pile up week over week….

And also, I reviewed the box and compared it to my recollection of Randall’s scavenger hunt and I do think the characters ARE 1:1 with the statues in the park. It’s just that the ones that are doubled in the parks are separated here….

ETA: now that I’ve thought some more, it’s a near perfect match, but not quite - McD’s doesn’t have Orange Bird or Figment… I think Genie is one swap (McD’s but not in parks) and I have to think through the other…and if there are any more…)

3 Likes

Good info. Thank you.

You people forced me to go to McDonald’s tonight. Thanks a lot!

@eeeevah I was thinking the same thing. I forgot about Figment but noticed Orange Bird missing on the Happy Meal box. And didn’t remember a Genie statue. I’ll have to look again to figure out who replaced Figment.

7 Likes

Here is our haul so far.

We have a 14 year old dog who has stopped eating dog food or really any food at all practically. But, she loves McDonalds chicken nuggets. We get the apple slices instead of fries and bottled water to drink so not too bad considering we buy 4 happy meals every day :rofl:

I have a lot of duplicates and no one to give them to so if any one is looking for something specific let me know. I know I have multiples of Genie, Pua, Olaf, Frozone, Nemo, and I think one extra BB-8.

9 Likes

Edited because I’d rather type on my laptop! I was disappointed with Groot, and seeing all these makes me regret not stopping tonight. I work until 7 on Thursdays and McDonald’s is the only thing I pass on the way home, so I usually get it 1-2 Thursdays a month. I’m going to have to go weekly for now. I really want Gus!

3 Likes

The other swap is Jiminy Cricket. Maybe they felt Orange Bird and Figment are too park specific. As a DLR person, I can attest that I had no idea who Figment was.

4 Likes

Oh yeah! And yeah, not having the park-specific ones makes sense since so many people haven’t been yet…

1 Like