May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

You think that’s low on the packing? Oh, you should travel with my husband. He’s a business traveler, so he refuses to check luggage. I have learned. We spent an entire month in Italy with a carry-on only. He still hasn’t figured out how we can not check luggage for ski trips, but he is forever complaining about it. Our next Disney trip is going to be interesting, because when we get back I am not leaving the airport but getting on an overnight flight to Europe. Maybe I’ll leave a Europe-ready bag in a locker. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

:raising_hand_woman: This is the way.

So happy your day has finally come!

6 Likes

Have the best trip ever! You’ve been such a big help to everyone with your ROTR data posts and tips, yet you have not ridden it! It’s about time.

I don’t have a WDW trip planned but renewed my TP subscription last week in part to follow your long awaited trip!

6 Likes

There usually isn’t time to clean house before a trip! We work or the kids are in school until the day before or the day we leave!

When we open the front door to our house, people see our living room, dining room, and stairs. Since we moved in 21 years ago, we made those areas, including the downstairs bathroom, no dump zones. Most unexpected guests never make it past those area!

7 Likes

Finally! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

20 Likes

Basically one bag for me, one for DW, and 2 for the 4 kids. But that big one is 48.5 lbs, so it’s barely under the limit!

Made it through checkin (huge line!! Only took 20 min or so but was very crowded and stressful) and security (short line but also a logistical nightmare with four kids):

22 Likes

Those are my two least favorite things too: check-in and security. My family knows it’s best not to try to joke or tease me until we are past that. It’s better when I am alone

6 Likes

I wondered where you disappeared off too! I can’t enable you if you aren’t here…

Speaking of… book the trip! Eat the food. Do the things!

Welcome back! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

I am so honored! I fully support this because TP provides such a great service and the price is so good. However just so you know this part of the forum is public - only La Cava is limited to members. (Right @PrincipalTinker?)

6 Likes

I believe as long as you have a free subscription you have access to everything. The new app seems to allow access if you once had a paid subscription.

6 Likes

We’ll also be at HS/EP on 6/1 and at AK on 6/2! Maybe we’ll see you guys! Have all the fun and hydrate frequently (beverages of your choice😉).

4 Likes

Made it on the airplane! At some point over the last year since I booked the flight, they switched our seat assignments so DS9 was in window seat by himself and DBIL was in the middle across the aisle from him - I hadn’t noticed the switched assignment previously, otherwise I would have changed it at the gate. Thankfully we were able to shuffle with other two other groups of passengers so we were all satisfactorily seated next to each other. Phew!

26 Likes

Safe travels!!

1 Like

Flight looks to be departing a few minutes early. Catch y’all on the flip side! :kissing_heart::flight_departure::sun_behind_small_cloud::european_castle:

14 Likes

Yay Jeff! Hope you guys have a wonderful trip. Your kiddos are adorable, thanks for all the pictures.

5 Likes

Have a great flight!

The packing does not look right to me. Where is all the extra space for the souvenirs? Might need to buy another suitcase at WDW.

6 Likes

Have a safe flight!

1 Like

Side note…I only do carry on as well. We use the Business Center at the resorts to ship back souvenirs. Our last trip was DS’s first one that he could remember (not confusing it with DLR) so we had bought a few larger items and it was amazing having it shipped back.

3 Likes

But you have to be a member to “like” and comment. I can’t lurk without interacting with my family here! I would miss it.

5 Likes