May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

You will definately get through everything then…having Express pass. Here is the list…

Universal Studios Florida – attractions with Express access

• Production Central
    • [Despicable Me Minion Mayhem]
    • [Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit]
    • [Transformers: The Ride – 3D]
  • New York
    • [Revenge of the Mummy]
    • [Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon]
  • San Francisco
    • [Fast & Furious – Supercharged]
  • The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley
    • [Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts]
    • *[Hogwarts Express]
  • World Expo
    • [Men in Black Alien Attack]
  • Springfield: Home of the Simpsons
    • [The Simpsons Ride]
    • [Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl]
  • Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone
    • [Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster]
    • [E.T. Adventure]
  • Hollywood
    • [Horror Make-Up Show]

You should be able to do most of the day at a leisurely pace.

Make sure to bring your motion sickness medication. You may need it on minions, Simpson’s, transformers, Jimmy, etc…

3 Likes

I am not sure what they are doing during COVID times, but there used to be a meet and greet with a couple of Minions when you exited Minion Mayhem. Minions were one of my son’s favorites at the time of our visit and we came prepared with bananas!!

It was so much fun to give them the bananas. They fought over them and really hammed it up with ds. :sunglasses: :banana:

2 Likes

@Jeff_AZ

…dude you gotta get better hobbies.

3 Likes

That like was for irony. :wink:

2 Likes

Mmmhmm Have you considered “quilting”?

And might I suggest two edits. Call them z2 and z3.

Z2: green “it’s a @randall1028 Post. Vote for him. “

Z3: red “it’s a @ryan1 post. He gets none till he gives them and I had to actually spend time making this chart because of him”

5 Likes

They were not doing a M&G when we were there.

They are doing a virtual sign up for Ollivander’s again I think…right? If so, maybe you could book it back to Ollivander’s to get signed up and then go back to the front of the park for Minions. I feel like there isn’t too much benefit to early entry when you also have EP except for getting a jump on sign ups for the wand selection experience. When we went they were full by the time we made it back into that part of the park. I think it was around 8:30 maybe…for an 8 am early entry.

1 Like

We really like The Kitchen too. Breakfast is great there as well.

3 Likes

It is scary. Once was enough.

3 Likes

I didn’t think it was possible, but I finally had my fill of endorphins and had to turn off the “always notify” setting for likes. I think I may have been missing some replies / @s. :grimacing: :joy: Now I’ll just be notified of the first like and once a day for each post.

12 Likes

Does this happen on the app or in the park? I think you’re saying you have to go to diagonal alley to sign up for the virtual queue. That is our plan unless anyone tells me otherwise. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I changed that setting so long ago that I thought it was a default LOL

I occasionally worry that I miss some likes, but if someone really wants to get your attention they can be the first like on a post (so, find one that hasn’t been liked yet) or like it after it’s been around a while. Of course they can always @ you too.

4 Likes

I only get the notification for first likes, as well. I am amazed you had it notify you for every like. I’d be afraid to miss an “@” or an :arrow_heading_up: if all the likes filled the notifications. I do get notified when something has been liked more than 10 times.

3 Likes

Morning has gone great so far. (Besides leaving my bag in the room and only remembering when we got off the elevator in the hotel. :man_facepalming:) we made it through security, turnstiles and key check very close to 8am. DW ran ahead and got in line at Ollivander’s.

The rest of us caught up and left little girls with DW while we rode Gringott’s. The line was short but we had a couple hiccups not realizing you had to drop bags at the lockers. DD9 and DD7 both rode it and loved it! DD7 was fine with once, but DD9 rode again with DW and the DILs. I resumed DW’s place in Ollivander’s line with the girls, but a minute later we got our reservation for 10:45 and were on our way!

I’ve spent the morning browsing shops, buying sweets (for kids) and butterbeer ice cream (for me) while the others finish Gringott’s. It had a minor delay while they were in line. It’s now after 9 so we will maybe do Mummy and / or Minions next.

33 Likes

They are entirely too cute! I love them!

11 Likes

You’re not wrong. But the one that got me is the pic of @Jeff_AZ with his ice cream. He looks like a five year old on Christmas morning. So happy making.

15 Likes

I learned my lesson a few years ago. So last trip, I made sure to put notes in my touring plans. :joy:

4 Likes

Which apparently you can’t view in the TP app at the current moment.

5 Likes

Oh no, mine were custom remember?

3 Likes

Accurate! :yum::joy:

3 Likes

We are now in line for Despicable Me. DD2 had a meltdown on the walk between Diagon Alley and here. But she’s good now that we’re in line. Not sure what her problem was other than being tired.

3 Likes