May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Your kids are just so crazy cute. Looks like a fun day.

6 Likes

It’s the lack of a shirt that is just – no thank you. Of course the more fur the worse it is.

3 Likes

Pardon my dumbness, but why the 4 fingers?

5 Likes

It’s day 4 of the trip I think

2 Likes

That actually crossed my mind. Day 4 even though this is only park day 3.

They’re going to run out of fingers!

3 Likes

Fixed that for you

3 Likes

Correct, Day 4 of the trip (and 3rd park day). Yes, we will need our toes by the end. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Cool idea, I’ve never seen that done before :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I’m not sure why, but I really like this entrance. Just seems like a larger than life kind of thing. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but I like it.

10 Likes

@bebe80 remind me what is the best thing to do during Early Entry at USF. Is that a good or bad time to do Ollivander’s? We also need to do:

Mummy
Minions
Gringotts

Thoughts?

4 Likes

It is unique. Look at that, same photo.

7 Likes

Either head right to Diagon Alley. Or catch Minions first. Mummy later, not sure if it’s even running early.

Yep:

4 Likes

You could be the “first family”

4 Likes

Thanks! I’m thinking we may do Minion Mayhem first because my DD4 really needs to start off the day with something she can do. She has discovered that it is not fun when we do something she can’t ride.

9 Likes

Definitely Olivanders as soon as you can. Before Gringotts.

7 Likes

After showers and changing clothes, we had dinner at The Kitchen on the 1st floor of Hard Rock Hotel. I made a last minute reservation but it wasn’t busy at all. They had a very good selection of American-style favorites, including pasta, burnt ends mac and cheese, salmon, etc. I had a Caesar salad, shared a calamari appetizer, and had a brownie sundae for dessert. Everything was delicious and the kids even ate most of their food. (Plain penne noodles lol.) Only problem was it was a bit pricey, but oh well. Can’t put a price on a happy family. :money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

Tomorrow is our USF focused day. Goodnight everyone!

12 Likes

Definately mummy later. When I was there it never really go too busy.

Minions was pretty popular. Might be the right call to involve the DD4 early like you said.

Gringotts will start getting longer as the morning goes on.

Olivanders is definately high priority if you are going to go through the wand choosing ceremony .

Not sure if you have Express pass or not, but if you do, you can use that to your advantage on quite a few experiences to offset the longer lines.

4 Likes

Olivanders

3 Likes

Yes I should have specified that I have express pass from being onsite. I remember there being some advice about Ollivander’s, either doing it or not doing it during Early Entry when you have Express. Maybe @Julianne_fki was the one who discussed it? I can’t remember. Oh well.

2 Likes

This was recently:

4 Likes