May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

I would say he is an A to Z hearter. :joy:

(And so are you) :wink:

4 Likes

Bit fuzzy for my preferences but that’s his wife’s problem

4 Likes

Well I have a fuzzy back, you get what you get

4 Likes

I actually included something about the leg in my first draft but ultimately opted to leave that out.

5 Likes

I’m a little bit tardy…but just checking in for the Hufflepuff roll call!!

Sorry to hear about the lines this morning @Jeff_AZ, but I hope you’re having so much fun now that it is entirely forgotten. (until I brought it up again…darn it…)

5 Likes

Giving the ‘Jeff’s Leg’ pic a C1. Neutral on his leg being there, but appreciate his positive attitude and intent.

7 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

Jeff’s leg is fine. It adds to his laid back Vacay vibe.

And seriously, hurry back Jeff so we can get back to topic or else I’m going to make myself a fuzzy navel. Yeah, I went there.

5 Likes

Heading back to the hotel now! The rest of the day went MUCH more smoothly than the morning. I just asked “who had fun today” as we ride on the bus and everyone said “ME!” enthusiastically. Kids have shorter memories, for better or for worse. In this case that’s a good thing.

Check out our Super Liner Bros virtual trip report! Lots of pics and videos there. I will try to get some more from my wife later and post them. I didn’t get much unfortunately.

I was hoping someone would notice my leg. And yes, I think the leg hair is a positive. :man_shrugging: :joy:

No joke, my son seriously asked if it was a live volcano. :joy: He’s bright if imaginative.

Thankfully I left my fuzzy navel out of the picture. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

16 Likes

I know @bebe80 wants to know, but no I did not ride Body Plunge. I had an inkling of wanting to at the end of the day but I ran out of time. :wink:

5 Likes

I most certainly do! C’mon Jeff! No excuses. :disappointed_relieved:

I also did not get any photos inside the park, too much water everywhere.

3 Likes

I admit when I was sitting there in my premium seating looking at the Ko’Okiri drop tube, my first thought was how much more vertical it looked in person than in the pictures and videos! My heart dropped just looking at people make the plunge!

7 Likes

Yep, it’s basically a free fall for a good distance. My back was hardly rubbing the back of the tube until I hit the curve.

4 Likes

Glad to see you didn’t plummet to your death. Carry on!

5 Likes

Yay!

1 Like

Ok DW and DSIL delivered on the pics. Some highlights of the day:

The little kids LOVED the Runnamukka Reef. We never made it over to the Tot Tiki. All the kids liked the Wave Pool and Lazy River.

DS9’s favorite (and only) ride was Ika Moana. He was terrified going on it but he has forgotten all about that by now. He chickened out on Krakatau coaster - unfortunately it broke down for a bit while they were up there, and the anticipation was too much and he decided not to ride when it reopened shortly thereafter. He also loved the Fearless River. He had one disappointment and that was when he was told he had to wear a life vest in the wave pool. He was literally in tears because he wanted to be able to swim under the water. Poor guy! :joy: But he had fun anyway.

DD7 also says her favorite ride was Ika Moana. She too was scared to ride while waiting but liked it in the end. She enjoyed the fearless River but didn’t love the waves in it so probably wouldn’t put it on her favorites.

My favorite rides were Honu and the Ohno drop slide. Puihi was up there as well. All the slides I went on were great. I could have gone on the fearless River all day. I wish I had had time to do any of the other body slides - I didn’t even make it to the Punga Racers. There just wasn’t time with the switching off necessary plus the wait times after tapping in (typically 10-20 min), even with Express Pass.

My verdict is that this park is best if all your kids are over 48 in because then you can go on most of the slides and attractions together without swapping. But if you do have little kids, it is an amazing place to spend the day with them. I either wouldn’t bother riding slides or bring someone to watch the kids, and have Express (buy way in advance for cheaper prices, and make sure to buy at the same time as your tickets to avoid the linking issue) like we did. If I was more selfish I would have made DBIL and DSIL do that full time, but I do love them. :slight_smile: And at the end of the day, we were all satisfied.

I loved having premium seating and a cabana looked great. And it wasn’t that expensive for the premium seating. But the wait at the start of the day was atrocious. If you get premium seating, go straight to free seating for the first hour or so and claim your reservation later.

20 Likes

Apologies for any pics where I am not wearing a shirt. I know that is A Thing ™ for certain readers of this thread. I tried to pick the least offensive ones. :wink:

13 Likes

:joy::joy:

3 Likes

Agree!

And love the Captain America mask!

2 Likes

Not sure you’re bear enough to offend.

2 Likes