Mattress topper delivery

I’m sorry. That sux. How can we help convince her?

My mom gave me my love. Her being a teacher we only went twice cuz they don’t pay teachers a lot. She used the Unofficial Guide in the 80s/90s and is the one who turned me onto it when I took my kids in 2009 for their first trip (they were 1 almost 2 and 4 almost 5). But she’s not as into it as me but does love the magic. She’s a lot of fun and rides hard core roller coasters in her mid 60s. I’m pretty lucky because she’s my mom. Don’t tell her I said that. Just kidding!

1 Like

She has restless leg syndrome and doesn’t think she can handle the walking and feet time. She also refuses to be “the fat lady in the scooter” even though having one for the longer distances would be super helpful and make it more enjoyable for her. She’s also not one who can plan ahead and doesn’t generally like traveling anywhere.

I imagine if one was alone they wouldn’t care about being the “fat lady in the scooter”. It breaks my heart that thats stopping her from doing something fun with her daughter. We all have that and each generation you go back this objectification as women is even more deep rooted. :-(. My mom often tries to stand behind others in pics and it’s made me conscious of not doing that. I am the size I am and the people looking at those photos don’t care if I’m fat. And if they do eff em.

And I mean Doesn’t she know you’ll do all the planning and that the planning will be as much fun for you as the trip itself? Lol

Oh yeah I have only a couple of pics of my mom from the last almost 20 years and they are all selfies I took with her. It’s very sad. I don’t know what else to do though.

1 Like

Good for you for getting some photos of her though. I always think about something I heard or saw about how your kids will appreciate having those photos of you when you’re gone and they aren’t gonna care if youre young or old, skinny or fat, dressed up or in sweats. Maybe our moms will realize that. Like the little old lady who put on her red hat and they can join the red hat society! It’s on my bucket list to join :wink:

1 Like

Ugh Riviera has a 1 bedroom villa. Pull down real mattress, skyliner but only one bathroom. Compared to AKL with its animals and two bathrooms but only bus transportation and sleeper sofas. I hate these decisions. I think I’m gonna stick with animals and two bathrooms though. I hope that’s the right choice.

1 Like

AKL has better food choices or more. Are you Kidani or Jambo side?

Kidani and I right now have used the heck out of mouse dining but I will tell you about half the time by the time I login the rezzie is gone already. But I was able to get a 12:30pm Sanaa for checkin day which should be good daylight for viewing animals and I loved the service and food there in June. And I have a 7:25pm Boma that same free day and i’ve never eaten at. On TP site they have ranked #1 above all other restaurants in WDW. I’m a bit worried about buffet during an Omicron surge though.

I’m trying to request a room in the south tower I think it was so we’re closer to Jambo

I do love Toppilinos in RR for both meals but I haven’t been working for trying to get those and it may be too late. But that is only one restaurant versus two.

1 Like

Think about mom! Mom wants animals!

2 Likes