Mattress topper delivery

So, We’ve booked a one bedroom suite for my mom, myself and two teen boys. They will be sharing the queen sleeper sofa and I know those mattresses are awful after having slept on them at Treehouses. I remember reading on here that people ordered mattress toppers from amazon or walmart. Do I just order it and give them the WDW DVC address with c/o “My Name” on it? Has anyone done this? Thanks!

I haven’t done that exactly, but I did order from Walmart in Sept and didn’t even have a way to put anything in like that. Just put in the delivery address and the order was in my name on my Walmart account. It was delivered at bell services.

Also which hotel? If SSR they have been renovated to Murphy beds and are super comfortable.

2 Likes

I know other ship-to-resort things I’ve done, it has been helpful to include the reservation number as a memo on the address.

2 Likes

I know and day before yesterday they briefly had a one bedroom pop up (I’m hunting cancellations) at SSR. I’d prefer Riviera cuz of the skyliner and the murphy bed but right now we’re at BRV which I love that hotel (Well WL I love) and it has the boat to MK. But those are very old sleeper sofas. 8 years according to one of the Tinkerbell moderator’s post the other day(I get them confused…though I know one is British and the other American but in my head all I remember is a Tinkerbell posted the refurb sched for DVC…which Tink I remember not LOL). I’d just about kill for a GFV and Riveria would be second choice though…I’m stalking the site. All that is available right now is a campsite and the 2 bedroom at Riveria which duh if I could afford $1700/night!

*I didn’t switch to SSR the other day when it popped up because I care more about the resort than I do the boy’s comfort LOL :wink: but if I can get both a resort I’d like and the murphy bed I’ll switch.

1 Like

Keep watching, I’ve been stalking DVC rooms and Riviera 1bv keeps popping up and then disappears and then reappears. Don’t’ know your dates of course. And good luck!

1 Like

I have to rent points…I don’t own DVC so I am checking three different sites for cancelled/confirmed reservations but so far the best I can do for our dates is Aulani which would be a really long hike/swim to the parks every day! LOL

I am also checking DVCAvailability site but it’s so last minute so even if those 1 bedroom Riviera’s pop up I don’t think I could rent them fast enough.

2 Likes

oh I see… grabbing a pop up as a DVC owner is tricky enough and yes, the swim from Hawaii would be tough :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

This is one Disney is offering through them direct:

Pretty large gap there!

1 Like

But even there it changes hourly almost, I’ve seen ASMo and Pop come by and SSR and AKL mostly along with Riveria and the Campsites, come and go hourly. It’s weird. I guess people are cancelling and then someone else is also stalking like me and snatching. That same 2 bedroom disappears and comes back at Riveria a lot…I wonder if someone is holding it and thinking about it and then changes their mind?

1 Like

Yeah I’d stick with WL over SSR. They are young and can deal with a few nights on the couch.

2 Likes

I could make the boys camp. I mean the Wilderness Lodge is within walking distance to Fort Wilderness! LOL

1 Like

My thoughts exactly…they have yet to wake with aching backs and neck cramps. :wink:

2 Likes

hmmm a tent or a room :thinking: :rofl: I’ve been refreshing the page in-between tasks here and I find it humorous what pops up and disappears. I do have a couple of waitlistings pending but I’d rather have a sure thing so I’m stalking. On xmas eve I checked in the morning and then around midnight. There was nothing open early on but loads of availability around midnight. That inventory is gone now though

1 Like

Yup…it’s like that on the main site too. There’ll be nothing and then a few hours later three or four things. You have to act quick. I switched us from the Studio to the One Bedroom when my mom joined as soon as I saw it pop up and she said she’d split it with me. :wink: They go really fast when they do pop up…except this 2 bedroom at Riviera that keeps sticking for hours and then reappearing even when it disappears. I almost wonder if it’s just Disney IT.

1 Like

I don’t know if that’s Disney IT. Before buying into DVC I remember being on the phone w/ Disney and they would tell me about a room and say we need to grab it before someone else does. But a 2bv at Riv. would be pricy so I can see it hanging out for someone to make that commitment :rofl: :joy: :rofl: On the DVC site I can preselect room type and resorts so there’s less to look through. I really just want a studio but I also selected 1bv so I can compare points.

1 Like

My mom wants some space from the 17yo boys.

Backstory: This was originally a solo trip so I had a single room too. I asked DS since he’s home schooled if he wanted to go with me (he’s a long distance runner so I asked him if he wanted to run any of the races). He said no, then about a month ago he facetime calls me out of the blue with his friend and his friend’s mom asking if the friend and him can come…Well I couldn’t say no with the friend and the friend’s mom on the phone (the friends mom is paying for his plane and park tickets)…so now we were three…but I thought I can wear airpods a lot and hopefully the boys will leave the toilet lid down…so we can still do a single room…

Then comes Christmas dinner and my mom invites herself to come along too but unlike the 17yo’s she has the funds to request larger digs. But we’re in last minute territory scrambling around which for Disney…well, we know what that’s like. Somehow, I was able to get all my dining reservations I wanted along with securing Enchantment dessert party and Rose&Crown dinner for Harmonious last minute. The only place I have not been able to score I want is Space 220 and I have a Mouse Dining and a TP Res finder hunting for it for lunch or dinner any day (if the lunch is late enough we could park hop!). I think i’m doing pretty well considering how they just all invited themselves last minute LOL

1 Like

You are doing AMAZINGLY well!!! :rofl: :joy: :rofl: Keep stalking. Are you up for a room here one night and switching to another place the next day? I see lots of single nights popping up.

1 Like

It’s quite normal, actually. Especially just before 30 days (packages) and then again just before 5 days (room only) in advance of travel due to cancellation policies.

2 Likes

I think I’d be willing to split it into two and two if I got in the right order…so for example right now there is a BLT like this:

but we’re doing MK on the 8th, DHS/EPC on the 9th and AK/EPC on the 10th. If I could score BLT from 7-9 and BCV, BWV or RR from 9-11 I’d definitely do it for the ease of getting to the parks those days.

And I think $900 for the 2 bedroom is certainly much more reasonable than $1700.

I would switch park days around but there is no Enchantment Dessert party on the 9th or 10th available.

Well I just lied…there is a 9th Enchantment party now…there wasn’t before…hmmmmm… Is there anything available anywhere from the 7-9 in the DHS/EPC area…let me go check…even the dining keeps changing.

1 Like

If you get this with this timeline?

Girl, play that Powerball because you will be on some kind of crazy luck streak.

I will say that people on the RunDisney pages and similar are cancelling their marathon trips left and right so it’s possible but still slim chance.

1 Like