Master and Apprentice: A Disneyland Trip Report

Gee, that third photo - the saying seems so familiar. Wonder where I’ve seen that before? :thinking:

Looks like a good morning so far!

6 Likes

I couldn’t get past the lady stalking DW’s phone in the Indy queue…sheesh. Privacy please, people.

Also, I’m told Blue Bayou will be going under for reno for 3-ish weeks during my dates in April which is weird because it was showing up for ADR’s so /shrug.

2 Likes

I had to come back to the top to see who is in your traveling party. No genetic connection between you and the other guy in the group? I was about to say some strong genes at work but I am more shocked that there apparently aren’t any genes at work?

3 Likes

Correct, no genetic connection. That’s my wife’s aunt and her son and his girlfriend.

3 Likes

A ride on Bug Thunder, then a trip to Batuu.

11 Likes

9 Likes

I completely fangirled over Kylo Ren and the Stormtroopers their first few days back in WDW. I kept “hearting” them and yelling welcome back.

Those blue milks are stronger than they look…

ETA that DS13 was COMPLETELY mortified over my behavior, until Kylo gave me a nod. Suddenly I wasn’t a COMPLETE waste of space and he even deemed me someone to stand near-ish.

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I was just about to show this to DH but he would curl up and die of jealousy I think! (Boba Fett).

3 Likes

Always good to see Hondo working.

So far with mobility pass, we completely skipped the line at Star Tours and Jungle Cruise. We were able to ride PotC with a nominal wait. If the queue were longer we would have gotten a return time and skipped most of the outside portion.

On BTMRR, we got a return time but it caused some issues with overriding an existing Anytime pass, so the CM fixed that and rather than risk it happening again, we were just allowed to go right in.

At MFSR, we used LL but it appeared that there was no advantage to having mobility either in LL or standby.

10 Likes

My grand nieces and nephews were ridiculously excited to see Hondo - waving at him and saying hi. It was hilarious. Star Wars is big in that household. Also, the two oldest got a nice pic in that Boba Fett chair.

6 Likes

We got two containers of coaxium on MFSR. Then we went to Haunted Mansion using LL. Now time for lunch at Docking Bay 7.

10 Likes

This place is dead. Nothing like the Orlando version. So funny how different crowd patterns are here with SWGE being in the back corner of the park. I got the Tip Yip and DW got the pot roast. No ribs on the menu here. Moof juice is still good.

12 Likes

The correct response is to scream at the top of your lungs “I know her/him!” Ala Will Ferrell in Elf. Then run up to them in a crazed state and enter their personal space and say “are you lolabear/Jeff_AZ?” At least that is how I did it…

ETA: I can hear @OBNurseNH breathing a sigh of relief across the North American continent that she wasn’t able to connect with me on her November trip :crazy_face:

12 Likes

:frowning:

Why would you say that???

:frowning:

2 Likes

11 Likes

Oh no! I am sorry. I was being sarcastic/silly. I have a weird sense of humor and it doesn’t always come across right on these forums! I don’t really believe that. I said it because of the crazed way I described my one and only encounter with a liner, @lolabear_la!

4 Likes

And truth be told, I acknowledge I can be a bit “much.”

2 Likes

Ohhh! Okay. I sincerely hope you don’t think I am glad to have missed you!!!

3 Likes

I pinky swear I don’t think that!

3 Likes