Master and Apprentice: A Disneyland Trip Report

I know her well enough to say that she’d rather not know. :joy:

7 Likes

It’s good you have us then. You would be busting at the seams if you couldn’t tell anyone!

9 Likes

Exactly! :rofl:

6 Likes

One of our neighbors does “Princess Camp” that my girls are participating in this week. They get to dress up like princesses, learn to sing and perform musical numbers, and get to meet “Belle” and other Disney princesses each day of the camp.

20 Likes

So cute! Is the middle one Elsa? Love her pose!!

5 Likes

Adorable!

4 Likes

:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Yes now that you say it I believe she is. At first I thought she was Ariel because she has Ariel pajamas that look very similar to this. (I just confirmed from my wife’s FB post that she is Elsa. :+1:)

4 Likes

Thought of you.

People are helping in all the ways, big and small.

https://twitter.com/malavoltaf/status/1499281114057396225?s=21

Translation: strollers left at the station (in Poland) for women arriving from Ukraine with babies

5 Likes

I love this!

3 Likes

@Jeff_AZ I made two modest donations to CARE and the World Central Kitchen in honor of your friend and her family. These are two (of many) vetted charities that are helping the refugees from Ukraine. So just your talking about this on here has made a difference :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you!!!

5 Likes

Ok they have gotten entirely too big since your epic family trip. Especially the littlest one. You need to stop that right now!

4 Likes

You’re telling me! :sob:

6 Likes

I think he has a DLR trip with the fam planned for May! I’m counting down to seeing those cuties in the park again. :grin:

6 Likes

Correct! End of May, beginning of June. Plus my solo trip to WDW end of March. You never know when a pic of one of my kids will show up, even in a solo trip report. :wink:

6 Likes

Princess camp continues … this time apparently it’s two Ariel’s and an Elsa. They met Rapunzel.

14 Likes

So precious!!

2 Likes

I always have the best intentions to check in on the forum at least when on a break at the hotel, but the more kids I have to wrangle, the more horrible I get at that. So I’m sorry I didn’t see this!

Just finished catching up on your incredible & detail full report while I wait for the next load of laundry to finish so I can rotate it :slight_smile:

In total awe of your 25 ride count the first day. I know having young kids means we don’t tour efficiently, but our touring style is most definitely like Baymax when running away from Yokai in Big Hero 6 “We are not fast”

You & your wife were the perfect tour guides and I hope DW’s family realize how lucky they are!

This was the first trip we’ve had where it was sunny and truly cold in California. There’ve been plenty of trips were it’s been cooler but usually we throw on a sweatshirt that gets peeled off when the sun comes fully out, and we are still mostly comfortable in our shorts unless it’s later at night in which case we head back to the hotel. This trip we had the younger kids bundled up and had to teach DD2 how to use her jacket pockets to warm up her poor freezing cold fingers. Monday was much nicer and even a little hot midday (just in time for us to leave).

Thank you for including this. I’m so sorry you are so directly impacted by having someone you know there. I hope and pray your friend and her family all end up reunited and safe once again, and soon. I had similar feelings of ‘should we even be going’ leading into the trip (both DH & I) and we decided that we would go with an attitude to be grateful to be there at all and not stress or sweat about any particular experience. That adjustment in attitude did help set a nice tone.

Also, it’s a small world definitely hit all the feels this trip. You don’t at all need to be embarrassed for the emotions that it evoked. And thank you for including the thread on how the lyrics and song came to be. It does give hope. During the end room on the ride, I was coming out feeling hopeless and a little more frustrated that the world can’t be more like that. The older I get, the more and more and more I appreciate the message of it’s a small world.

9 Likes

I totally understand! Touring with kids is a different animal. Hope you had a great time and were able to accomplish everything you planned to.

Random note - my wife’s friend was at Disney on Sunday or Monday and got a picture with Candace Cameron Bure! Apparently she was there this weekend.

4 Likes