Master and Apprentice: A Disneyland Trip Report

Wow. Quick trip.

2 Likes

Fewer miles today, but still significantly above my average! :rofl: Thursday was our Downtown Disney visit in the evening after arrival. Friday was our only full touring day.

9 Likes

My wife wrote down everything we did. I added whether we were able to skip the line through Mobility Access or LL/ILL. Everything unmarked was standby. In some cases we were able to take a slightly different path in the queue with mobility access, but it didn’t save us significant time in line so I didn’t note it.

Friday, Mar 4th:
(Left hotel at 7am, park open at 8, left at 10:50/11)
Star Tours
Jungle cruise (MA)
Indiana Jones (LL)
Pirates
Big thunder (MA)
Millennium Falcon (LL)
Haunted Mansion (LL)
Docking Bay 7 - lunch
Space Mountain (LL)
(Churro snack)
Small World
Peter Pan (MA)
Rise of the Resistance (ILL)
Toy Story Midway Mania (LL)
Incredicoaster
Guardians of the Galaxy (LL)
Webslingers (ILL)
(Dinner - corn dog/pizza)
Little Mermaid
Soarin (LL)
Radiator Racers (Single Rider - ~30min)
Big Thunder Mountain (LL)
(Beignets snack)
Railroad
Winnie the Pooh
(Poohs corner)
Storybook Canal Boats
Tea cups
Alice in Wonderland
Snow White

Saturday, Mar 5th
(Left hotel at 8:25am, park open at 8, left at 3:45pm)
Soarin Over CA
(Churro snack)
Guardians (LL) / Avengers campus
(Backlot shop)
Incredicoaster (LL)
Silly Symphony Swings
(Smokejumper - lunch)
Mickey’s Philharmagic
Radiator racers (ILL)
(Ice cream snack at Clarabelle’s)
Space Mountain (LL)
(Pretzel snack)
(Blue milk snack / shops)
Tiki Room / Indiana Jones (LL)
Big Thunder (LL)

10 Likes

You (and your wife) are amazing. Thank you so much for this information.

5 Likes

I’ll try to put together some more tips that we found out about mobility specifically. Stay tuned tomorrow!

5 Likes

You went through the regular line for Pirates?

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your trip with us @Jeff_AZ. Fun times!

4 Likes

Yes. At that point in the morning the line was just to the inside door - maybe 3-5 minutes. They had us park our ECV outside and then we joined the line at the spiral ramp. There was no one to skip at that point. I don’t know how they decide who needs to enter from the exit. Maybe just people who can’t transfer? Or maybe when the line is longer?

5 Likes

You accomplished so much in such a short time.

3 Likes

Thanks. We are going the day after DD22 graduates college in April and DxH might be with us. He is waiting for knee replacement surgery so will need an ecv.

7 Likes

One of the lessons I learned from this trip is that doing Disneyland in one day IS possible if you know what you’re doing. And even though you need LL and ILL to do it, that’s cheaper than going a second day. We hit every major ride in both parks and most of the second tier as well, and even several diversions.

8 Likes

I may you to be our tour guide if we ever make it back to DL.

6 Likes

FTFY

4 Likes

Thanks!
I’m hoping to make to DL with the Fab Five, but we will have experts with us (@Wahoohokie and @Julianne_fki). I would be lost if I tried to take a family trip.

4 Likes

I agree with the Fab 5 is the way to go until you get a better feel for it. You’ll be in excellent hands with the West Coast Crew.

4 Likes

Pssst - who are the Fab 5? Asking for a friend? :grimacing:

3 Likes

I would be!

3 Likes

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/the-epic-battles-of-the-fab-5-test-monkeys/80967

4 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

Question: I saw two plaids riding rides with their guests. One on BTMRR, the other on Indiana Jones. I thought that wasn’t allowed? Maybe I was mistaken, or maybe the rules changed?

2 Likes