Mask update for WDW and DLR

Delta is spreading so rapidly, it wouldn’t be shocking for things to look drastically better in 60-90 days.

Look at India. From May peak of 415K per day they are already down to 38K. And they have very little vaccinations.

5 Likes

@vcka I thought the same thing!!! Never thought they should have stopped the mask rule in the first place. I’m sort of ok with no mask outdoors but definitely not indoors as well, to me that was a mistake. I disagreed with the majority of the country dropping mask mandates. It was just too early when they did. I’m actually not surprised to see numbers going the wrong direction. I’m glad Disney is taking a step in the right direction. I feel bad for those cast members though, it won’t be easy for them!

7 Likes

yes… well the CDC jumped the gun on that one… major fail. I can’t really blame Disney for the change, they are getting pulled in both directions like the rest of the country. Friday will be a difficult day for those unprepared. I have been continuing to wear my mask indoors and in congested outdoor areas, as recommended by my doctor.

2 Likes

We will be at WDW on Aug 7th and I was very disappointed for the same reasons you mentioned above. As much as I dislike masks, I have to wrap my head around it and move on otherwise I will end up making it the focus of the trip and ruining it for my family. It is too close to cancel with the main reason being my kids would be so disappointed.

3 Likes

Had a thought: Since masks have been required on all transportation (except ferry) then everyone there should already have a mask to use. I was worried about the short notice and then remembered mask transportation rule. No need to buy a mask… ppl should have one.

6 Likes

James, that is excellent information and I was unaware of that. Clearly, my grumpiness at the recent bounce in Covid cases is clouding my judgment, at least somewhat.

Unless they drive themselves and don’t use Disney transportation. It can happen with those visiting from off site.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I am trusting all of us have a good time no matter what. My sweet DS12 gave me a big hug last night and told me now we’ll have “historic” photos of the time we were one of the crazy families who went to Disney World during a pandemic. Love that kid! :joy: Here’s hoping to a great trip for both of us!

8 Likes

Cases are trending down now in the UK as well, despite the huge spike. My concern with the US is that we will end up having kids returning to school just about when this variant is peaking, which may prolong things. We shall see!

2 Likes

I bought my tickets from undercover tourist. Not sure how that all works since it said non refundable. I don’t think anything will stop our September trip though. I’m too excited for it.

1 Like

yes, I agree… that will be unfortunate

They are non-refundable but you can just use the tickets at a later date (and pay the difference in cost, if there is one).

2 Likes

and in FL masks are optional at school… unless the FL dept of health makes a different ruling but the governor’s new advisor makes fun of those that wear masks.

Very offense tweet from DeSantis’ new medical expert. Don’t open if you are easily offended!

2 Likes

Are you serious? He needs to be cancelled. Some people deserve it.

8 Likes

What?!?!
I get REALLY angry about the R word, for obvious reasons. Fuck this guy.

22 Likes

Agreed… Not sure which ticks me off more, making fun of the masks, the language, or the fact that he is a medical advisor and saying either!!

13 Likes

Didn’t I read that kids in the UK were still in school during the spike? Maybe I’m losing it.

Same.

2 Likes

That’s a good question. I don’t know, actually.

Here’s today’s RD courtesy of BlogMickey… last vacations before schools start next week & before masks go back into effect

4 Likes