Mask, social distancing update effective 6/15

Effective 6/15 masks will be optional for fully vaccinated guests in most areas. Face coverings will still be required on disney transportation including buses, monorails, and skyliner. No proof of vaccination will be required but guests who are not fully vaxxed will still be expected to wear face coverings in all indoor locations and upon entering and throughout all attractions and transportation.

Physical distancing will be relaxed. This will be visibile in queues, shops, restaurants, attraction boarding, transportation andt hatres. Some experiences and entertainment may still operate at limited capacity or be temporarily unavailable. “we are not quite ready to bring back everything but we are optimistic and look forward to the day when disney pals and princesses are able to hug once again.”

Cleaning efforts will continue

23 Likes

The day after we get there. FML

3 Likes

This is basically the end of masks at Disney, bc there is no way to enforce who is and isn’t vaccinated.
I’m not complaining, I think it was inevitable. Just saying for the record.

10 Likes

Liars gonna lie

13 Likes

That’s not a lot of warning.

4 Likes

Yup.

1 Like

There’s been very little advanced warning so far, so not really shocking. Better than Uni!

4 Likes

It’s more than the last warning LOL

8 Likes

I know but given how unhappy people were I thought they’d give decent warning this time.

4 Likes

I wish they would at least keep one - social distancing or masks. I knew it was probably coming but I’m really upset.

5 Likes

You can still wear a mask. It’s not perfect but it’s something you can do to protect yourself

8 Likes

I’m not worried about myself.

1 Like

Okay anyone who is worried for their safety can wear a mask.

I know it’s not ideal and I do feel bad for those who have concerns. I don’t mean for it to sound like I’m blase about it.

6 Likes

June 15 is also the day California ends all state mandates and their covid tier system so I’m not surprised Disney announced this for the same day. I wouldn’t be surprised if a DLR announcement is made as well.

I hope they’ll remove the plexi from ride vehicles now.

9 Likes

I guess we will see how long this one lasts. A lot of states and other amusement parks have already had this policy and are going to be changing it to no mask mandate in the near future, if they haven’t already.

3 Likes

Why are they still required on transportation? Seems totally arbitrary.

I suppose the risk goes up when you are in a small indoor space (and for greater than 10 minutes) with unvaccinated people so you would want to be certain to be protected in those small spaces.

I imagine that won’t last too long though

8 Likes

That’s still a CDC recommendation. I’ve seen the requirement on all public transportation where I live.

8 Likes

Oh! Now that you mention it, isn’t that a federal mandate?

5 Likes

It may be.