Mask, social distancing update effective 6/15

I hope they do keep some distancing in restaurants still.

1 Like

While I donā€™t disagree with the sentiment, I donā€™t expect they will for much longer.

1 Like

Iā€™m arriving tomorrow. This would have freaked me out a few weeks ago but things have been relaxing here in Maine as well. I will just have us wear masks when we are indoors (in solidarity with unvaccinated DD10).

6 Likes

Honestly things are relaxing most everywhere. The science supports it (even if I am still twitchy about it)

10 Likes

Numbers have been wicked low too (knock on wood).

7 Likes

Hey hey now

You a New Englander? Your verbiage sounds wicked familiar

10 Likes

Thatā€™s an OSHA/USDOT mandate because itā€™s public transportation, basically. I know several weeks ago the CDC said they would be meeting with agencies, such at DOT, to come out with updated guidelines but I have no idea whatā€™s been done with that. Thatā€™s obviously more complicated because it deals with workplace safety, transportation safety, etc, so several federal agencies.

7 Likes
1 Like

I actually think I saw an update yesterday that outdoor transportations like open buses and ferries donā€™t require masks.

1 Like

Why make a change on a Tuesday? Why not start the week fresh with these changes?

Theory: Disney makes most big announcements/releases/etc on Tuesdays. Perhaps something big is coming on Tuesday 6/15 for which it would make sense to release this change in masking and distancing now?

5 Likes

Like fastpasses?!?

3 Likes

Link to the latest on the WDW website:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/

As we have done since reopening, weā€™ve been very intentional and gradual in our approach to our COVID-19 health and safety protocols. Based on recent trends and guidance, Walt Disney World Resort will be making more adjustments to these measures, including physical distancing and face coverings.

Beginning June 15 , you will start to notice the following changes:

FACE COVERINGS

Face coverings will be optional for fully vaccinated Guests in most areas. Face coverings will still be required of all Guests on Disney transportation, including Disney buses, monorails and Disney Skyliner. While we will not require proof of vaccination, we expect Guests who are not fully vaccinated to continue wearing face coverings in all indoor locations, and upon entering and throughout all attractions and transportation. Guests must observe current policies on face coverings until June 15.

PHYSICAL DISTANCING

We will be relaxing physical distancing guidelines for Guests. This will be visible in places like queues, shops, restaurants, attraction boarding, transportation and our theaters. Itā€™s important to remember that some experiences and entertainment may still be operating with limited capacity or may remain temporarily unavailable. Weā€™re not quite ready to bring back everything yet, but we are optimistic and look forward to the day when Disney pals and princesses are able to hug once again.

CLEANING

We will continue the high standards for cleanliness and sanitation weā€™ve always set for ourselves. Cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer stations will still be available.

We encourage people to get vaccinated.

It does not mention boats or ferries specifically.

3 Likes

Does this mean no facemask while in line for space mountain? How is that different to the monorail?

1 Like

Not sure how FPP and masks are significantly related, but sure. Something that big

2 Likes

Itā€™s a much bigger space than a single monorail car.

And as discussed further up thread, masking on public transport is a federal mandate

1 Like

I would think it would be the planned reopening and return of shows, attractions and maybe dining that are still closed as of now.

They are currently in the move-in phase for the Disney College program, getting the kids into the new Flamingo Crossing housing. More CM for more attractions.

3 Likes

Oh I hope FQ is opening!!

5 Likes

Yeah. The honor system isnā€™t going to work at WDW. I will discuss with DW, but this pushes me toward cancelling our October trip. I canā€™t see being comfortable with my kids being inside with groups of people at WDW until my kids are vaccinated. Masks only protect the wearer to some degree if unvaccinated people are going maskless.

13 Likes

Just looking at CDC, masks are not required on Ferries or outdoor areas of a conveyance.

• Wearing a mask over your nose and mouth is required on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and while indoors at U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations. Travelers are not required to wear a mask in outdoor areas of a conveyance (like a ferry or top deck of a bus).

Just updated yesterday

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/face-masks-public-transportation.html

3 Likes

I am thinking/hoping there will be a vaccine for +5 by the end of October.

6 Likes