Marvel Cinematic Universe

Thanks for that. We are in an acting bold, really actaully fragile phase. Will save it for the adults.

5 Likes

Good idea - at least watch it first

3 Likes

Thanks for mentioning this! I wasn’t aware of this show at all. I will try to watch it this coming week.

3 Likes

We watched it yesterday. It didn’t hold my attention. DH enjoyed it. We also watched the latest She Hulk which I thought was great, the best episode since the first one.

Since we don’t have a DC thread, we watched The Batman which I didn’t like - emo Batman doesn’t work for me - but DH thought was alright. It was too long.

4 Likes

I haven’t seen the new one (I’m afraid he’s going to end up sparkling like Twilight), but isn’t all Batman an emo Batman? You know, except for Adam West.

8 Likes

Not like this!

3 Likes

I happen to love cheesy, old monster movies so it was right up my alley. (I was so disappointed when the Universal Monsterverse reboot failed.)

4 Likes

DH does too! I’m not really interested in them.

3 Likes

I’m days behind and it was killing me as I kept seeing posts on this thread! Had to wait for DD to be around so we finally got to watch tonight. I loved it too, such a fun old school monster show!

That’s it though right? This one isn’t a series?

I thought I was going to hate it but I really enjoyed it! But I’m a sucker for time travel :grin:

5 Likes

No. But it’s supposed to open the path for monsters in MCU. Assumption is they will intermingle with Blade, Black Knight, etc. If we’re lucky, maybe even Agatha Harkness.

I think it all depends on how separate they decide to keep monsters from supers.

5 Likes

Don also pointed out that Man-Thing (Ted) is a nexxus creature like Scarlet Witch in the comics. May have multiverse implications.

4 Likes

Are you serious? Now I have to watch it just to see what kind of cluster fuck it is.

5 Likes

Ok I just realized I was thinking of the other movie he is in, Tenent. :woman_facepalming: I wasn’t even drinking last night!

I did enjoy The Batman too though

4 Likes

Damn! Hopes dashed.

5 Likes

This might be a good time to let you all in on the fact that brain fog is a legit side effect of my post chemo meds! :crazy_face::face_with_spiral_eyes:

5 Likes

I thought you meant it took you back to the 90s :joy::joy:

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Watched this on my last flight to Florida.
Did not enjoy.
I wonder if it was abridged for the airline.

4 Likes

I don’t think you are the only one :wink:

4 Likes

I just watched the season finale of She-Hulk: Attorney at Law. It was good. It definitely had its strange moments. But then it had switched gears and did some rather (to me) unexpected things, which were a lot of fun. It had a nice, tidy ending - with a mid-credits scene (yay!).

4 Likes