Marvel Cinematic Universe

Just saw Tom Holland on GMA a bit ago.

Not sure why he was faking the English accent - must be wanting to seem sophisticated for tv?

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

I’m always so blown away when I find this stuff out. Like, how does he put that away SO WELL for an entire movie?!

Yes, I live under a rock about a lot of entertainment stuff like this.

8 Likes

Lol, I didn’t know either for the longest time!

We are really enjoying HawkEye. Loved the 1st 2 episodes, 3rd was okay so interested to see what we think of the 4th.

4 Likes

I am loving hawkeye. I can not believe there are only two episodes left. I want it to go on longer.

I loved seeing the spider bites in spisode 4!

2 Likes

Want to watch sweet little Tom Holland get super british and swear-y…watch his Hot Ones episode! Tom Holland Calls for a Doctor While Eating Spicy Wings | Hot Ones - YouTube

5 Likes

Now that you know, you can probably hear hints of it creeping out when watching the Spider-Man movies. I learned between Civil War and Homecoming and I can hear it at times.

But yes, he does put it away very well. It’s faint.

3 Likes

This is awesome in so many ways.

I like spicy stuff but no way I’d try all those wings!

Heck with milk, bring on the honey . . .

3 Likes

He is just so stinking adorable!!

4 Likes

Me too!

2 Likes

I just found out last night that Christian Bale is English :exploding_head::exploding_head:
I don’t think I’ve ever seen him in anything with an English accent.
Does he even HAVE an English accent?? I’ll have to Google him in an interview…

5 Likes

That was a great interview!
I’ve never heard of this before. Very entertaining. I might have to watch some others.

Two things were interesting to me…

1. The analogy between Doc/Marty and Tony/Peter.
  2. Tom’s failed Star Wars audition :laughing:

Thanks for sharing!

7 Likes

The only thing I can recall. First time I noticed him: Anastasia: The Mystery of Anna (TV Series 1986) - IMDb

4 Likes

Oh yes! It is so confusing. He is actually Welsh but the accent is not Welsh, and to make even more confusing, it is not upper crust at all (which guess my assumption since he plays super wealthy characters). People describe it as a Cockney accent, but I definitely wouldn’t be able to tell. I am skeptical because how to you move around Great Britian as a child, live in America for 20 years and end up with a Cockney accent?

But it is fun, he seems much nicer.

5 Likes

just watched this yesterday, hilarious! Hot Ones is surprisingly entertaining

4 Likes

I know! It really confused me.

3 Likes

Another Wednesday, another Hawkeye episode. Just one more, next week. This episode seemed quieter, less action, more talking/explaining. Maybe it’s letting us all catch our breath before next week’s climax. Did you recognize the guy in the photo near the end? I did. I might need to rewatch some old stuff to be up to speed on him.

2 Likes

I just love Hawkeye. This episode was more than just a rockem’-sockem’. I loved the banter. It is hard to talk about it without giving it away.

I had a huge gasp near the start and enjoyed the meal time banter. What a great way to feel comfortable with some of the history we have all seen so far in the MCU.

I would not recommend watching this series before you “catch-up” on all the previous movies/shows.

4 Likes

Well put! I agree with your last statement, especially in regards to the movies.

2 Likes

We’ve finally made it through 2 episodes. We watch at my sister’s because we have r e a l l y s l o w internet. It’s so slow the little circly thing doesn’t even circle.

Took two visits each for the first 2 episodes. Maybe watching all the way through an episode in one sitting makes a difference. So far I’m not that compelled to keep watching. Tho Clint’s a favorite I’m finding that warming up to Kate Bishop is taking a minute.

4 Likes

You will not find the guy at the end in any of the MCU movies. He is from the Marvel Netflix series Daredevil.

4 Likes

I noticed in the Disney+ app that there is a Download option. Maybe you could use that to buffer the whole episode on you s l o w internet.

4 Likes