March trip - To Go or Not To Go?

So, we are going! I ended up showing him my analysis of all the options (we were also considering USVI, but my daughter has to quarantine from preschool upon return, hence the wednesday return day), and made a few concessions (he is not going to MK, and we are staying akl jambo dvc so it’s quiet lol), and we have a trip!

3/4 - Arrive MCO 5pm, get rental car and check into AKL Jambo (renting points) savanna view. We’ll probably pick up fast food on the way to the room or do uber eats depending on how things go in the airport.

3/5 - Head to our favorite park, AK!! Going to try to snag either tiffins or Y&Y sit down, and we’ll stay a few hours, take a pool break, and then potentially head back the last hour and a half to ride Everest til we puke

3/6 - No park am (concessions, I said. I made them. I don’t have to love them lol). Gatorland will probably be a huge hit with my 7 year old son, so the plan is to go there. Pool time, and then a special dinner of some sort. Homecomin? Cali grill? Any other suggestions for fun themed dinners? There’s always Sanaa, which I cannot wait to try.

3/7 - This is another wildcard day. If the weather is nice, we might brave the opening day of blizzard beach. I’ve always appreciated and wanted to see the theme, and we can spend a few hours there. We may also try to get an ROTR BG and see what happens there. I’m going make a sci fi reservation just in case we do. If Fantasmic is happening, we can hit that. Again, weather and mood dependent.

3/8 - The boys go to Legoland (ew), and my 2 year old and I will spend the morning in MK, riding some of the tot rides and just taking in the music and magic. If she’s amenable and the lines for FEA aren’t too atrocious, we’ll then hop over to Epcot. We may switch this plan around if Remy opens, in which case we’ll RD Epcot and then hop to MK.

3/9 - This day will be either AK or HS, depending on what we are feeling like. If we can get a BG and the hopping works, we’ll do both. If we’ve gotten a BG earlier, we’ll just do AK and play the rest by ear. Dinner at Sanaa

3/10 - flight leaves MCO at 1225

Ideas? Suggestions?

5 Likes

My kids loved the theming at Rainforest Cafe. You may have trouble getting an optimal dinner time on a Saturday for most places. But for RC, you can likely get a good time by calling direct.

1 Like

I think it was Gatorland where they let my daughter hold a gator with a taped mouth. The gator was longer than she was tall. The photo isn’t great because she is grimacing from the weight of it. That is my main memory from our day in that area.

Your plan sounds great! I was back to being a pessimist; thanks for snapping me out of it! Please do a trip report eventually!!!

1 Like

Hahah I have heard it’s quite the establishment. We wanted to go last trip but didn’t have time

I never finished my one from our perfect trip last March!!! But I absolutely will for this one. We all need more trip reports in our lives.

So what convinced DH?? Staying at AKL?

1. Telling him we would have two layovers to USVI, pointing out that we literally have sand in our backyard and live in a beach town so why spend big $ on that, and that we really can’t go anywhere outside of the US because of the risk of getting stuck there quarantined
  2. Telling him we could stay at akl with no crowds
  3. Telling him he didn’t have to get anywhere near mk

It’s hard with a toddler and a 7 year old to think of anyplace to go in March that isn’t a beach (because we live at one) that would be half as much fun as Disney with those ages. Gatlinburg is cool but dollywood isn’t even open on our dates and we could get snowed our. San Diego is a no because CA is a mess. It just took me laying that out to him.

3 Likes

I’m also super happy that we were able to rent points at $15 for a deluxe instead of $19 or $22 or whatever some of these places are charging now. Saved us 50% off rack rates!!

3 Likes