So, we are booked at a split stay at YC and AK-K March 3-10. I made park reservations and even a few dining reservations. I wanted to meet a few conditions before we decided whether or not to keep the trip:
- My husband and I are vaccinated. He gets his second dose tmw, and who knows when I’ll get mine… tomorrow? Next year? Don’t even get me started on how bad this rollout has been. But it doesn’t seem crazy that I could potentially get started middle of next month.
- Some kind of night time shows. HEA is one of the big reasons I love Disney, but we don’t stay up for the shows every night because the kids go to bed by 7/8 normally. So a couple evenings of castle projections, maybe Fantasmic…
- Fast Pass is back, or something similar. This one seems the least likely of the three, honestly. What’s the over/under on this coming back in any way, shape or form? And if it doesn’t, what are the chances that most rides will be around 20m wait (max for my 2 year old) on weekdays in early March?
My husband says “I don’t care if we all have immunity, we’re not going to DIsney in a pandemic.” I’m trying to convince him that waiting a year is what EVERYONE is doing, and since he hates crowds, we’ll have fewer ppl going in 2021.
Other pertinent info:
- We went last year, finished our trip a week before it closed. (Pretty sure my husband got covid on that trip, even though he had a false test, he had all the symptoms).
- We live close enough for a direct, 2 hour flight whenever we do end up going, so distance isn’t a huge issue.
- We would be focusing on things we didn’t get to do last time, like FEA, Frozen singalong (my daughter is “Du-waf” obsessed), Epcot as a family, a couple restaurants (Cali Grill, Homecomin), Stormalong Bay, Gatorland (LOL), Animation Station. Though, several of the things we missed last time will not be open… HDD (that may never reopen, sigh), FOTLK Tier 1 pkg, Jiko, Boma, Jambo in general (sigh), FoF parade…
If your answer is GO!, tell me why so that I can convince my husband.
If your answer is WAIT!, tell me where to take my family of 4 (DS7, DD2) if I’m vaccinated and where to go if I’m not.