March 13-20 2021 ish travlers

No, I haven’t heard anything else, and some of the stories have mysteriously disappeared. Hopefully everything is fine and back to “normal” when we are there!

2 Likes

@jwinchenbach. What I did was checked hrs(because I love mk late at night), I tried to fix my ADR. But no luck, put in a reservation finder. And hoping they will release more dining in next few days. I went heavy on HS initially and will drop one for MK or E or just hop. I am sure it’s fine.

Hey all! Getting close!!!
We will be there March 12-21. Staying at SOG. Me and my two kids, ages 11 and 14.
13th: MK (plan on rope dropping, break mid day, and back for evening. ADR at Tony’s 6:30.)
14th: AK
Spend all day, then head back to rest, then Uber to Kidani for ADR at Sanaa.
15th: Back to MK. Sleep in day if needed, then head there for repeat rides or clean up anything we didn’t get to. Hoping to head to Epcot for after mid day break for snacking dinner.
16th: HS
Hope for a ROTR group. Head to park early, stay as long as needed. ADR for lunch at Sci Fi, then dinner with either be QS or back to our resort.
17th: HS day 2
Backup day for ROTR. Also have Savi booked at 10:30. No ADR for flexibility.
May head to Universal to activate our military tickets to save time and eat at Toothsome and wander around. Just depends how we feel. I have dinner reservations in case.
18th: Epcot
Plan on arriving before opening. Lunch at Chefs de France 12:30.
We will take a mid day break most likely. Then will head back for dinner: TeppanEdo 6:30 and wander for dessert.
19th: Up early and move to Universal, Royal Pacific.
Check in, ditch bags, and head to parks with Express Passes.
20th: Day 2 Universal
21: Head home :frowning:

Seeing new ADR’s start to pop up for this week now. Be ready to snag them! Mostly MK at first.

Searching just the park restaurants on a random night that week for 2 people:

ETA: Half hour later, the CRT, LTT, and Tony’s above are gone.

Hi everybody! Thank you to everyone who has shared their past experiences and upcoming plans for March. This is all so very helpful. I realize this year is like no other so we are all speculating a bit.
My family of 4 (kids are 8 and almost 6) will be at WDW 14-20 with 5 days in the parks. Saying at POP. I thought I had our days all planned out (as best as I can in these times) and then they extended the hours! haha!

question: I think we are still going to rope drop each morning, but now I wonder if we are better off sticking to the plan of turning in ‘early’ each day (like around/after dinner) to chill at the pool/hotel OR do we leave for a mid-day break and come back for some more? Seems like lately, the crowds aren’t reducing in the late afternoon/evening, but I also realize we haven’t had the typical late hours to compare to. Thoughts?

I would think with kids as young as yours doing rope drop and prioritize on your must do’s. I personally would be done by 1-2 go back enjoy pool, dinner where ever and call it a day. Maybe catch a movie outside. I think young kids love pool time and I am sure 6-7 hrs at mk(example) would be enough on anyone

Hi everyone! Still trying to sort our details which is very unlike me and STRESSING me out but here is what I have after a quick change earlier today!

3/17 - Epcot, no rez just eating our way all day
3/18 - no park - really wanted HS this day but trying for AK as well so we can at least get all 4
3/19 - MK, CRT at 5pm
3/20 - HS, no rez yet

Originally had AK on Saturday and then tried for HS and got it somehow and was going to flip AK to other day but as I was doing all this it booked. Ideal plan would be Epcot, HS, MK, AK with final dinner at Chef Art’s on way out of town so I have alerts set for dining but just keep refreshing and trying on park passes.

Anyone had much luck in last couple days switching? Monday is now showing all parks booked and its pretty slim pickings the rest of the week. Trying to decide if we give up and just do 3 parks and move Epcot to 3/18 before it also books out or if I should gamble and just keep trying 100 times a day for HS or AK on 3/18. Too bad there isn’t an alert system for park pass reservations!

Who has their suitcases out and started packing?

1 Like

I’ve started sorting clothes for each kid. Currently stacked on my dining room table. Suitcases will come out next weekend! (We leave 3/19). I still have to find and break in walking sandals (ordered/returned multiple pairs from amazon already) this is my biggest worry!

1 Like

I always find my feet swell, so I take 2 pairs sneaker, 1 pair loafers, 1 pair sandals for pool and something for my evening dresses(like black or tan flats). Shoes/sandals are the worst. Ariel79 I hope you find something you love soon

1 Like

I packed for me over the weekend (except things I need between now and then…), and packed a few things for DH and DS that I want to be sure they bring. Shoes are tough. I usually bring two sneakers (wear one to travel), flip flops, and one other pair of shoes. This time it’ll be a pair of Toms. Sandals are tough for me - anything I’ve tried at WDW gives me blisters, so I gave up on bringing them. Love to hear if you find something that works! I wheeled my suitcase through the living room and told them “I’m ready to go!!”

1 Like

Thanks!! I’ve got to figure it out asap- time is ticking! In 2018 I wore my keens sandals for the whole week with no issues, 2019 I wore (already broken in) asics and I had such sore feet after a few days. So now I thought I’d go back to my keens but in a cuter style (Rose) - this is where my normal size is way too small, returned and tried the Bali style (weird fit, too big). Last night ordered the Rose style again in a bigger size, we’ll see. As soon as they come I’ll wear them everyday until we leave. Will still bring flip flops and sneakers to change it up. Can’t have sore feet at Disney!

1 Like

thanks!

1 Like

@yuhas82 - I agree with canwegosoon on the strategy - early mornings, and prioritize what you want to do before they’re tired. On our first visit when DS was nearly 6, I had all these ambitious plans until he stopped to wonder over a bubble machine and just wanted to jump around and play in the bubbles. I realized I needed to calm down with my hyper-planning. Maybe we rode five rides that day… I don’t even remember which ones. I do remember the bubble machine, though.

Myself and kids have outfits picked out, just need to pack them but need to wait until closer to the date to allow for under-things/socks/shoes. May do a trial packing this weekend to make sure we can fit everything in carryons. Finalizing our Walmart delivery order too! If anyone needs anything special I encourage you to join the FB group “Ear for Each Other” - it is a platform for un/under employed Cast Members to advertise their new businesses/side gigs. We’re having a former CM deliver our groceries, and will order homemade fudge as a treat from another. I reached out to another about giving us a ride to the Marriott at the airport that we’re staying at our last night before our early a.m. flight home. It may be too late for many as so many are booked but you never know what fun services and goodies you may find!

1 Like

Hmmmmm… Reservation Finder just got me an Oga’s Cantina for Sunday, March 14 at 8:10pm. According to the calendar, Hollywood Studios is open until 8pm. Do we think this means they are about to extend hours again? Anyway, I grabbed it!

Possible, but I would bet they’re just allowing some ADR’s in the hour after closing. They do have ADRs after closing for I believe Sci Fi, 50s, and Ogas occasionally. Plus from what I’ve seen, the park hours typically change first before ADRs are added that are totally due to that change and not the reverse.

That sounds awesome. Maybe we plan on getting there late in the day and trying some rides right before closing. I also found one for 8:55pm (!) on another night. Trying to keep options open for when/if we score RoTR boarding group. Strolling out of the park after closing is amazing.

I think that will become 9pm closing, but they might announce it on day of.

Ok, just got my hold mail request in and cancelled extra car rescue. Tomorrow tightening up packing and all adrs. Might have 2-3 cancellations, but will post here first. Safe travels all.