Marathon Weekend TR

Bahaha! I just avoided eye contact. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Relaxing day at AK

Breakfast at Boma. Got here in the pouring rain and made a beeline for FotLK. By the time we finished the show it had stopped!!

Since then, we’ve slowly made our way around in a circle. Mom has motion sickness issues so we’re skipping Dinosaur, Everest (which has been down all day anyway) and FOP.

We have done all the trails. Nemo. FFF and NRJ.

Now, a first for both of us. Her very first time and my first time inside. I really prefer outside but I suppose beggars can’t be choosers.

13 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I used to prefer outside and with wonderful weather I still do, but I’ve recently had some wonderful times inside :grin:

6 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@DeepInTheHeartofTexas i hope you’re sleeping now but I can’t wait to hear all about your marathon tomorrow! Good luck and run like the wind! Sending you love and support as you do this incredible thing!!!

3 Likes

Checking in on you!!! :running_woman:t2:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to hear about your run. I hope it was everything you wanted it to be and that you’ll have lots of pictures to share.

2 Likes

Hope your run is going well!!

2 Likes

Wishing you all the best. Here is hoping it turned out well for you! :crossed_fingers:

Update:

I had a sighting of @DeepInTheHeartofTexas in the Moana attraction. I could not get to her in time to say hi before you disappeared.

7 Likes

Today?

I’m hoping it was today. I’ve been a little worried

2 Likes

Yes, about an hour or so ago.

3 Likes

Hi, friends! Y’all are sweet to check in on me! I have been trying to be in the moment!!

I surprisingly was able to go to sleep quickly last night and woke up on time! :raised_hands:t3: there was NO COFFEE in the lobby so I had to backtrack to my room to get some before I got on the bus!

We had an unexpected pop up rain shower drench us coming out of MK which was a huge bummer. Otherwise, the race was amazing. The energy is always so amazing and this is the first time getting to finish a race with so many incredible spectators and cheerleaders!! My mom managed to be at IG when I ran into EP and saw me but didn’t make it to the finish line in time to see me finish.

Today was so many things. Insanely hard. Incredibly rewarding and damn I feel like a badass. Mom has asked me if I’m hooked on marathons now and I told her to ask me in a week or so cuz right now I’m like I am never doing that again! :laughing:

15 Likes

Oh shoot!!! I’m so sorry we just barely missed each other!

We walked through pretty quickly mainly because I am wiped and wanted to get back to rest - and watch :football:! :melting_face:

How did your race go today?

1 Like

Went great. DS had some trouble, but i pulled him through.

We caught the end of the titans game. I am a happy Steelers fan tonight. :clinking_glasses:

How did your’s go? (NM just saw the above post)

2 Likes

Way to go!!! You’re amazing :grin::tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

Totally more than 100% fine!!!

Because you are!!

2 Likes

Nice!!! Cowboys fan here! We can still be friends right!? :grimacing:

1 Like

Did you ride EE in AK during the marathon? We did. :grin:

1 Like

No! I wish I had. I should have stopped to process if I wanted to instead of trying to process while i ran by! :face_with_peeking_eye:

There were a ton of runners by me who did!

1 Like

When you have a week to recover and realize that you want to do the marathon again, you can plan to do it next year!

3 Likes