Marathon Weekend 2025

:laughing: :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, I was looking at the snack Dole Whip Challenge. It’s still open for registration.

2 Likes

marathon sold out :sob: :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

The full is literally just $2 more than the half??

Definitely should do the full - twice the race makes it almost half price for each half!

3 Likes

Oh dude :frowning: I’m sorry

1 Like

At noon on the nose everything is sold out

Hope folks got a race they can embrace!

Happy training!

3 Likes

Would love any thoughts/advice on running with a charity bib!! I raised money for St. Jude’s back in 2022 when I did the marathon, but it was on my own with @NoBellePrizeWinner and not with on a charity bib. Anyone have experience on running the marathon on a charity bib? Ty!

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I wondered why my FB feed wasn’t filled with people complaining that they couldn’t get into a race. Then I remembered that I removed most Disney FB groups. Just didn’t want to deal with the drama anymore :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Hey look! Twitter!

3 Likes

I have done that before! For the 10K back in 2018 I ran for Alex’s Lemonade Stand! It was great! You just have to be aware that you’re on the hook for the fundraising amount in the event that you don’t raise it. Most people are fine with that since they were going to pay the cost of a bib anyway, but for others it’s a surprise.

You can search runDisney charity bibs to get a full listing, and you’ll find plenty - I’m sure you’ll identify a charity you particularly identify with or feel strongly about.

Go for it!!

4 Likes

Hello fellow runners!

Oops I did it again. :notes:

:white_check_mark: I was successful in registering my DD for the Half. She is making her eay up to longer and longer distances . I am so proud of her.
:white_check_mark: I was successful in registering my DS for the Dopey! He has been contemplating this for a while now. He has two marathons under his belt now and feels he can compete with the old man. :laughing:
:white_check_mark: I have successfully registed for Dopey again. This will be the fourth in-person attempt.

I am going to have some pretty grumpy children during the last month of their training block. :grin:

I noticed they raised the proof of time levels for the marathon to 5.30 and below. I think this is a great idea. It will help to put everyone in the correct corral at the start.

Happy training everyone. Stay happy, healthy and safe out there.

We will see you in January!

6 Likes

So who am I added to the January 2025 thread? :smiley:

1 Like