Marathon Weekend 2024

Wow; congrats! Thanks for posting.

1 Like

First week returning to training; my Garmin watch-based running coach yelled at me for skipping training for a few weeks and Garmin pushed a video to my iPhone about what happens if you skip training.

So for spite, I decided to run/jog a full 5k distance…non stop….and I did it!! From couch to a 5k jog/run in 4 months.

Sending positive vibes to all out there; keep training. You got this!!

4 Likes

Solid work!

I did a 5K the other night out of stubbornness. It was slow and difficult but I did it. Maybe I’ll try a little more measured return to running now that I got that out of my system.

1 Like

Congratulations on completing a 5k. That is a serious distance to complete. Good for you! I think this shows that the largest barrier to any run is the mental game. You were able to calm the mental demons and get the distance completed.

Congratulations. It is good to see you are making your way back into the running game.

2 Likes

Started my half marathon training yesterday. Here’s to the next 24 weeks!

5 Likes

I love the structure of a prescribed plan. It keeps me honest.

Related: I’m not currently following a prescribed plan. Ergo I am not doing anything LOL

3 Likes

Same. I thrive when I live in my own created structure.

1 Like

And it sounds like you need to create a plan!

1 Like

I’ve been trying to get a plan together for my DW. She saw that it was Week 1 for Galloway like 3 weeks ago? So she went and ran a half marathon that weekend…

paperf

4 Likes

Looks like a great plan. I can’t believe we are 158 days away from the 5k.

I spent sometime last week dusting of my training plan for the Dopey and tweaking it a bit. The official plan is 22 weeks (week 22 is race week), but I added an additional two weeks to get myself ready to start running 5 days a week again. :grimacing:

The road to Marathon weekend has begun!

Happy training and stay safe out there.

1 Like

I can’t believe you are doing the Dopey. There is zero part of me that wants to do a full marathon. I could do the 5k, 10k, and half, but not the full!

I felt the same way until I did that first Marathon.

Now I can’t stop… I have a problem!

4 Likes
2 Likes

Ohhh… Are we getting the medal drop?

2 Likes

Yup

2 Likes

Perfect timing. I just finished my last “pre-training block” run today. My 22 weeks to Dopey begin tomorrow.

2 Likes

Medals!

3 Likes

I love the medals!

I really like the look of the Goofy.

Is that glow in the dark gems on the Dopey?

2 Likes

The Marathon, Goofy and Dopey are all open right now.

But for how long? Nobody knows.

3 Likes

Goofy is still open!

1 Like