Maps of Guest Experience Teams (Blue Umbrellas)

We will be utilizing the DAS on our upcoming trip and know we can receive return times at the Guest Experience Teams (blue umbrellas). TouringPlans just published a blog article about these a few weeks ago that included a map of the locations in HS. However, I have not been able to figure out how to filter them on the Disney website map for the other parks. Can anyone help me nail down the locations of ALL these blue umbrella teams? It would be a huge help in my tour planning.

1 Like

You can go to the old FP entrance of each attraction to ask for a return time too :grin:

2 Likes

Yes. But, for example… I’ll be riding ToT with DS6 and while waiting for us, DW plans to get a DAS return time for MMRR. There is a blue umbrella right there at ToT, so that would be more convenient than walking to MMRR for return time and then back to ToT for rider swap.

I tried to figure out a way to find this info on the app or website and was not successful. I wonder if they move around and therefore Disney does not put them on the map.

2 Likes

Technically they’d be called GS and I tried that filter too and got a whole lot of wow… they are everywhere but I don’t know why they are labeled at GS???

1 Like

You can get a DAS return time form the Guest Experience teams? Where did you hear that?

We used DAS at WDW in the summer of 2018 and at Disneyland the previous year. Both parks leveraged the Guest Experience teams …I think they had just started using them at WDW when we were there in 2018.

The process was really easy and when we originally went to Guest Services for the DAS, they were able to give us a map with all the “blue umbrella” locations marked. I can’t remember if they were printed on the map or just marked on it. I do remember that the DAS came w/ some paperwork so maybe it was on that??

I will see if I kept any of it (this is a longshot).

4 Likes

I’ve done it many times, so can confirm this is true.

4 Likes

Thank you! I never knew you could do that. It will make a lot of DAS’ easier. It might give me a lower step count for day though. . .

Do you know if you can set up the DAS at Disney Springs or if it has be at Guest Services at a park entrance? Does everyone in your party need to be there or just the people who need the DAS accommodations?

Cannot set up das at Disney Springs.
The DAS holder needs to be present, that’s all.

1 Like

My trip in 2018 was just me and my son for the first day and then my daughter joined us the following day. We had to go back w/ her to add her to our group once she arrived. I can’t remember if it was because her tickets weren’t activated yet, or because she had to be there.

Is there still a Guest Relations desk in Liberty Square? That was a great alternative to City Hall if there was a crowd at the front of the park.

I don’t know if you can do anything for DAS in Disney Springs. We didn’t go there at all that trip.

1 Like

Clarification: I could send anyone in our party to get a return time. The DAS holder has to ride the ride. Other party members can’t ride w/o DAS holder.

2 Likes

They’re talking about setting it up for the first time, not getting a return time.

2 Likes

And everyone in your party that will use the DAS return time must be set up at GS. When my parents showed up halfway through our 2019 trip, we had to go back to GS to have them added.

1 Like

Oh yes, initial set up is at GS. I was thinking of use after set up.

2 Likes

I haven’t read the entire article, but this seems to give you what you were looking for as well as prove it might be possible to find these on MDE app.

http://autismattheparks.com/at-the-parks-blogs/walt-disney-world-guest-experience-teams-a-tremendous-help-to-das-users

Update: I can’t find out how to get it to show on MDE app.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s on of those things that only shows up when you are in the parks? :woman_shrugging:

Either later in that article or in a another (I’ve read a bunch), there did appear to be the ability to use the GPS feature in the app to find the closest one.

1 Like

What a great website! Thanks for sharing!