Mandatory Quarantine in Florida?

On the last two episodes of the Disney Dish Podcast, Jim Hill has stated that everyone who flies into Florida is required to quarantine for two weeks. @len hasn’t stated otherwise when Jim Hill has made this statement. The only thing I could find online is that Florida was requiring this of travelers coming from the tri-state area, but I don’t see this same requirement for those traveling from any other states. Does anyone know if this is true? We’re planning on flying in from the west coast in September, so it’s got me a little concerned.

It is specific states, yes.

Keep your eyes open for updates

1 Like

I will definitely keep an eye on any updates. I am watching this whole situation like a hawk to decide if we want to go ahead with our plans.

When I Googled the subject, I found three sites that specifically say the mandatory quarantine is for travelers from New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. I didn’t see any other states mentioned.

I read they aren’t even enforcing that one.

Even with this 14 day quarantine in Canada. My brother has got 2 emails…that didn’t come until Day 8 & 9 to ensue he’s isolating. How is that supposed to enforce it? (They are following the rules and haven’t left our house. They are free Thursday)

This is official Florida info. " The executive orders issued by Gov. Ron DeSantis that require travelers from areas with substantial community spread of the virus, including the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut tri-state area, to quarantine for 14 days or for the duration of their presence in the state (whichever is shorter) are still in effect."

Not limited to NY, NJ, CT but I didn’t see a definition of “substantial community spread.” A list would have been nice.

1 Like

We just flew in from Ohio last week and when we were checking into DME they asked where we were flying from. I don’t know what would have happened if we had been from NY/NJ/CT but other than that one question, no one asked or said anything about it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the site. I have bookmarked it for future reference.

Yes. What exactly is “substantial” to them? What is occurring in Florida at this time would no doubt be considered substantial. So, would this mean any states that have a rate of spread less than Florida?

Good to know.

I haven’t done a search for this yet, but if it hasn’t been started already, I would love to see a thread where those who have traveled to WDW can share their experiences and also – if they feel so inclined – share how they are feeling 10 days after they return home. It might help others thinking about going to make a more educated decision.

1 Like

Another idea that I have is for a survey could be posted by TP where those who have returned can share their ratings on comfort levels, how well things are managed by CMs, if they have experienced any ill effects after they returned, etc.

If you say you’re flying in from NY/NJ/CT, Disney will almost certainly tell you about the Executive Order and ask you about your plans to quarantine for 14 days. I don’t think they’ll let you check in to the hotel.

That said, the state has stopped gathering information related to the Executive Order from out-of-state visitors, including at airports. And there’s no definition of “substantial” in the EO, so that seems to be unenforceable.

5 Likes

My Trip report from our July 16-20 trip

My trip report from the MK AP Preview

We have been back for 7 days and so far feeling good (we are self-quarantining)

5 Likes