MAJOR announcement for WDW

I can’t wear heels at all, and never have been able to. I guess half inch back as a teenager, but I’m notoriously clumsy without heels; I’d break my neck or leg with them.

5 Likes

I am so, so sorry.

3 Likes

My mom literally lives in heels, so I grew up with that as a bit of an expectation. Thankfully I was able to shirk that “ladies wear heels” BS and now I only wear them when I enjoy them or the feeling they give me. I started off my career wearing heels every day cause I thought I “should” but that got old pretty fast :joy:. Now they’re something for fun on special occasions, not a chore which is nice. And it saves me a lot of money not buying 20 pairs a year!

3 Likes

Me too. Luckily I’m tall so have never felt the need to wear them.

3 Likes

That’s so awful. I’m truly sorry. :worried:

3 Likes

My mom did as well, and so did my sister. Really tall ones. When it became my turn, it didn’t work. I have very weird, wide feet that aren’t even the same size. Sigh.

2 Likes

Me, too! Well, I’m only 5’ 10”, but when I was a teenager, that was tall.

3 Likes

Excuse you that is tall! “Only” 5’10” :expressionless:

3 Likes

My husband is 6’3 and my son is 6’5. They tower over me.

7 Likes

I’m only 5’8” but that’s still tall enough for me.

Eldest DS was taller than me by the time he was 14, youngest DS took a little longer, maybe 16 or 17.

4 Likes

I am 6 feet tall. When I started work on Capitol Hill I absolutely wore heels, becasue that is was what I just knew ladies were supposed to wear professionally. And at that time, most did. But men on Capitol Hill seemed natoriously short - so I felt like the Jolly Green Giant walking the halls. But I wore them. Until I had a baby, my feet grew half a size, and I gained a whole bunch of weight because I stopped nursing and went back to work at the same time (stupid move).

Things definately seem more casual now than then (2004). But I definatley had a small town, southern percpetion of how you dress for things. I got to fly first class to Taiwan one time and bought travel friendly business clothes because that IS what I assumed you wear in first class. I was shocked when other colleagues came out in shorts and tshirts ready for sleep.

4 Likes

You people….

I’m 5’4” and perfectly average for adult US female height thank you very much

:rofl:

8 Likes

That is very tall! And even more so in heels!

3 Likes

My husband is 5’10" and never minded if I wore heels. That is how i knew he was a keeper.

9 Likes

You’re about the height of both of my daughters. I expected my daughters to be tall, but, nope!

2 Likes

I avoid heels like the plague. If I am ever going to HAVE to wear them, I’ve told my friend Jesus (aka Miss Shuga Cain for Drag Race fans) that I need lessons in walking in heels before I have to. :rofl:

4 Likes

I can wear heels - thank you, U S Navy and your 3" dress shoes (and 3 hour inspections).

I’m much more happier in Birks even tho I’m all of 5 ft tall. You know that show are you smarter than a 5th grader? I’m not taller than a 5th grader but that’s ok cuz good things come in short packages.

I can’t say small packages because like Norm, I’m at my ideal weight if I were a foot taller.

However, I do like colorful shoes. :blush:

3 Likes

:crying_cat_face::scream_cat::pouting_cat:

1 Like

I destroyed my shins as a young person and haven’t been able to wear heels ever since (well wear them and still be able to walk without pain the next day).

I suffered from horrible shin splints when I was marching and even decades later they will be angered if I run in crappy flat shoes (hello Keds) or attempt to wear a heel over an inch or so. Heck, if I try to wear anything higher than an inch my dh will point out the futility of me attempting to walk in them, and the pain I will be causing myself by doing so.

So flats, loafers, sandals and low heeled boots are my go tos.

3 Likes

Thank you. He was fine but it was super scary.

3 Likes